New Everton Stadium

I believe you were a little more certain than that a few years ago that this project definitely wouldn't happen !
I dont believe you dont want it to happen and never have. It's your certainty it wouldn't that I called you on, despite new players in the game.
(I think we all doubted BK's ability alone to deliver)
Well my certainty it wouldn't happen has changed with the facts.

But that doesn't mean it cant still go wrong. FWIW I think it will be built. But this project will be put back a lot of time with this development.

The council was ordered to disclose by 11 December details of any of its upcoming property development or disposal plans, and its strategy to secure “effective governance” given the string of high-profile arrests.

The Government commissioned strategic advisor Max Caller, a former electoral commissioner and chief executive of London boroughs Hackney and Barnet, to produce the report on Liverpool City Council following a string of local scandals including the arrest of former Mayor of Liverpool Joe Anderson in connection with Merseyside Police’s ‘Operation Aloft’ probe into building and development contracts.

I dont see how we could be caught up in this at all.

The Government commissioned strategic advisor Max Caller, a former electoral commissioner and chief executive of London boroughs Hackney and Barnet, to produce the report on Liverpool City Council following a string of local scandals including the arrest of former Mayor of Liverpool Joe Anderson in connection with Merseyside Police’s ‘Operation Aloft’ probe into building and development contracts.

We're not.

Well my certainty it wouldn't happen has changed with the facts.

But that doesn't mean it cant still go wrong. FWIW I think it will be built. But this project will be put back a lot of time with this development.
Okay how will this hold our stadium back if it has nothing to do with it ? Or are you convinced it has anything to do with the stadium, a bit of proof would be nice to back up your assertions and predictions as well.

If they do send in the commissioners to run the Council it seems to be an over-reaction given the specific areas of concern. I could understand them taking over that particular department, but what is the justification for a wholesale takeover ? This reinforces my view that the Govt. may be pursuing a politically motivated intervention in an area where they have no electoral clout.

If they do send in the commissioners to run the Council it seems to be an over-reaction given the specific areas of concern. I could understand them taking over that particular department, but what is the justification for a wholesale takeover ? This reinforces my view that the Govt. may be pursuing a politically motivated intervention in an area where they have no electoral clout.
P.S. Also confirms it has bugger all to do with BMD.

Operation Aloft ? Didn't Liverpool get a loft extension recently ? Hmmm if only. :)

I struggle with that argument, the area is a headache for this government and they are well aware, they could build everyone mansions, deliver the worlds greatest infrastructure, get the RS relegated & still wouldn't win a future election.

If there's a suspicion of wrongdoing/potential fraud within the council, with hints that it reaches high up in the food chain, it wouldn't make much sense to just take over a particular department.

I really really do not think the Govt think they're going to stride into Liverpool and be welcomed like liberators. It's going to be run by civil servants anyway...

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back