New Everton Stadium

The tobacco warehouse opposite the Titanic is a fantastic and imposing building. Such an amazing view when inside the Titanic.
It's brilliant, isn't it?

I think Meiss mentioned it when he was presenting the designs, but I'm sure it's the design inspiration for the brick portion of the stadium. Having that warehouse behind it really helps anchor the stadium into its location.

1614155063_everton-bmd-stadium.webp

It's brilliant, isn't it?

I think Meiss mentioned it when he was presenting the designs, but I'm sure it's the design inspiration for the brick portion of the stadium. Having that warehouse behind it really helps anchor the stadium into its location.

View attachment 141440

100% mate, the brickwork on the outside is the part I'm looking forward to seeing the most. The mixture of industrial with modern steel should be a very imposing sight.

100% mate, the brickwork on the outside is the part I'm looking forward to seeing the most. The mixture of industrial with modern steel should be a very imposing sight.
I know it's impossible to gauge the longevity of any design when it's new, but I honestly think this will stand the test of time better than the Kings Dock design would've.

I loved that at the time it was unveiled, and for years afterwards, but it does now look to me like a boring airport terminal. It could be in Dubai as soon as Merseyside.

stadium.webp

But I think Bramley-Moore really feels of its place.

I know it's impossible to gauge the longevity of any design when it's new, but I honestly think this will stand the test of time better than the Kings Dock design would've.

I loved that at the time it was unveiled, and for years afterwards, but it does now look to me like a boring airport terminal. It could be in Dubai as soon as Merseyside.

View attachment 141442

But I think Bramley-Moore really feels of its place.

Hopefully mate. I thinknwe it is located it definitely needed some form of brick structure. The KD design would definitely look an eyesore at BMD and vice versa imo.

Just need the dredger to get back up and running lol

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back