New Everton Stadium

It's tantalisingly close to taking shape this stadium. The next stage up to Christmas will see it really materialise. It's exciting.

I think we all know we have to be patient because, essentially, it'll take as long as is necessary for it to be done properly and safely...for construction workers on site building it, and for fans when they attend.
Can you stop this please my son!! @chicoazul putting up sensible posts and you being optimistic, it's messing with my head.

God bless.

A little bit concerned about this all grinding to a halt soon because of lack of funding. We know that Moshiri hasn't got the funds to finish it himself, and there has been no updates in regards to funding yet. Everything at Everton seems to be on an absolute knife edge at the moment thanks to the people running things

A little bit concerned about this all grinding to a halt soon because of lack of funding. We know that Moshiri hasn't got the funds to finish it himself, and there has been no updates in regards to funding yet. Everything at Everton seems to be on an absolute knife edge at the moment thanks to the people running things

Moshiri would lose (a lot) more money if it didnt get it done, than if he stalled it.

What made you think I meant shoppers?

Do you think I'd call anyone going to Southport to buy stuff a "get"?

What a strange misunderstanding you've made.

Check your calendar.
Must admit I did not realise the date today. Got off the train at Lime Street, walked through to London Road and everyone was dressed in orange ? I just assumed it must be @davek day?‍♂️

Moshiri would lose (a lot) more money if it didnt get it done, than if he stalled it.
Understand the sentiment, but it's no guarantee. A competent owner wouldn't have thrown half a billion at a club and made it worse in all measures.

Also, there's been plenty of businesses that have collapsed over the years. I doubt any of their owners would've wanted that to happen, but ego, incompetence and stubbornness are dangerous traits in business. Moshiri has exhibited all of those already.

Understand the sentiment, but it's no guarantee. A competent owner wouldn't have thrown half a billion at a club and made it worse in all measures.

Also, there's been plenty of businesses that have collapsed over the years. I doubt any of their owners would've wanted that to happen, but ego, incompetence and stubbornness are dangerous traits in business. Moshiri has exhibited all of those already.

Do not disagree with a word mate. Its the peg I hung my jacket on years ago, and sure, the world has changed, a lot since then. But, financially, the dots still join up. Whether Moshiri has the stones to see it through? Well, thats the question that will be answered.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back