New Everton Stadium

Anyone know if the underside of the roof is also clad or is all the steel exposed from below? I assumed the latter but thinking about Meis comments about how close the roof is I’m not so sure now. An open roof must be 15m+ (guessing) until the top cladding to ‘contain’ the sound, if it’s clad on the underside too it would be much closer I’d assume.

Open steel of the trusses. So it is a good bit higher to get to the actual covering.

camera firmware wills struggle to represent it properly because it interpolates the darker ones as the lighter ones next to it. A drone cam will only pick it up when it is sufficiently close that the interpolation of the pixels isnt interfering

@muckers said it is still very faint and he's been onsite so been able to take a good look at it

I've posted this stuff before, but for anyone who's interested and hasn't seen this before, these images are from the Design & Access Statement addendum. They explain the change to the facade and truss pattern.

View attachment 215643View attachment 215644
What a crock of BS that is.

In no way shape or form is what's on there now more legible than the originaly proposed brickwork facade. And the dropping of the metal rain panels that had a continuation with the criss cross brickwork replaced by windows merely cuts up the effect making it a nonsense to have it in the first place - it certainly doesn't give it 'greater cohesion'.

That's just a load of bollocks to account for the rejection (for whatever reason...weather conditions/safety issues) of the metal rain panels.

Allowing Meis to get away with that Leitch idea was ridiculous. An outsider who hasn;t got a 'kin clue. And from what I can make out the 'wave' motif of the stadium roof he came up with doesn't scan any longer.

Honest to God, it's a good job that it has such raking stands and that its set in a wonderfully dramatic location or you'd wonder where on earth £700M has been spent on this.

Yes but the Anfield Road Stand has more rows so 3/4 of the stands being in close proximity to the roof simply doesn't count

Every stand at Anfield (and most other stadiums) have the fans right up to the underside of roof. Underslung trusses and cantilevers generally don't allow that. It's about a mixture of proximity, acoustic catchment and reverberation times. There is also a difference between design of whole stadium atmosphere and traditional home end as I've explained before.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back