New Everton Stadium

Oh sh!t, I've set Davek off again! It was all going so well Dave but then the brick pattern's triggered you again.

You've made it abundantly clear you don't like the whole idea of the brick pattern so picking apart the design argument line by line just seems churlish at this point. Of course the justification isn't going to meet with your approval, you're entrenched in your position.

IMO, this isn't some crime of the century that Meis has been "allowed to get away with", it's just a design feature that he included as a nod to Goodison which consultation indicated fans wanted in some way. You're allowed to disagree and you're allowed to hate it, but it's not some heinous act that ruins the whole show. That's just hyperbolic.

As for that last para. Wow. Are your positive pants in the wash?
Bricks this week, wall next week, wind turbines, etc etc etc, there's an issue every week. If there isn't, he'll bring something else back up.

Feed the WUM amd he will bore.

Drive past it everyday I’m in the office; it must be an illusion that I’m seeing because I can defo see the brickwork

Pics please Chris. 10 in the morning on your way to work and 20 on the way back in the afternoon should cover it.

If you could then put the morning ones side by side with the afternoon ones, we can then work out what work has been done on the stadium whilst you've been working on your proper job.

I've done a rota for you

Monday - East Stand and roof update
Tuesday - South Stand and fan plaza
Wednesday - North Stand and counting rows
Thursday - West Stand and roof
Friday - Overall weekly review
Saturday- day off
Sunday - once a month to prep for Monday

Pics please Chris. 10 in the morning on your way to work and 20 on the way back in the afternoon should cover it.

If you could then put the morning ones side by side with the afternoon ones, we can then work out what work has been done on the stadium whilst you've been working on your proper job.

I've done a rota for you

Monday - East Stand and roof update
Tuesday - South Stand and fan plaza
Wednesday - North Stand and counting rows
Thursday - West Stand and roof
Friday - Overall weekly review
Saturday- day off
Sunday - once a month to prep for Monday
I’m on leave this week mac, I’m currently bollocko on bed

If you want, I can PM you some of these pictures??? Let me know

I’ll stop off on my way in on Monday and I try get some snaps

The club / contractors might be saying it's "more distinguishable" and that metal panels with the continuation of the criss cross motif being replaced by windows that dont have it is going to enhance the (unobservable) criss crosses on the brickwork, but that doesn't mean it's true.

But this is all down to Meis trying to curry favour with fans who he thought were all on board with a design on the brickwork just so he could get the stadium architectural gig.

It's a failure of epic proportions. This stadium is costing £700M and to chop and change on the facade that will cover it and be the face of the stadium to the world is unforgivable. It's been a case of too many cooks on that design. Meis had his input, the likes of UNESCO and Historic England had their say on it, then we had Pattern Design. It's absolutely pathetic.

I’m on leave this week mac, I’m currently bollocko on bed

If you want, I can PM you some of these pictures??? Let me know

I’ll stop off on my way in on Monday and I try get some snaps

Cheers mate, yeah DM please as I'll add your ballsack to my 6 year mosaic project called "The Triumph of the Testicles".

It's a 50ft x 50ft mosaic of one giant ballsack made from thousands of other ballssacks. I've got it set up in my own private gym/music hall/tennis court room.

The club / contractors might be saying it's "more distinguishable" and that metal panels with the continuation of the criss cross motif being replaced by windows that dont have it is going to enhance the (unobservable) criss crosses on the brickwork, but that doesn't mean it's true.

This is all down to Meis trying to curry favour with fans who he thought were all on board with a design on the brickwork just so he could get the stadium architectural gig.

It's a failure of epic proportions. This stadium is costing £700M and to chop and change on the facade that will cover it and be the face of the stadium to the world is unforgivable. It's been a case of too many cooks on that design. Meis had his input, the likes of UNESCO and Historic England had their say on it, then we had Pattern Design. It's absilutley pathetic.

lol

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back