New Everton Stadium

Having watched the recent video of the stadium I think it looks amazing. One thing I would point out though is that the facade to the West stand to me far outshines the East stand which is a pity as for most of us most of the time the East stand is what we will see

Having watched the recent video of the stadium I think it looks amazing. One thing I would point out though is that the facade to the West stand to me far outshines the East stand which is a pity as for most of us most of the time the East stand is what we will see
yeah I see what you mean but the fan zone will be in front of this side and hopefully be easy on the eye

Yeah, good point. However, for publicity shots of this stadium around the world it'll be taken from the river side against the backdrop of the city (from certain angles), so I suppose it'll be best foot forward in that sense. But in the walk up to the stadium, yes, undoubtedly - at this stage at least - the east stand facade isn't as impressive.

I've said all along about this stadium that it doesn't blow me away, but the location is world class and the stadium can't fail to look excellent in it.

Don’t know why it hasn’t occurred to me before, but watching the latest video from Mr Drone I realised that the base of the stadium looks like my old uni HQ in Manchester, the Kilburn Building.

I had a really weird moment of realisation, as if I’d subconsciously thought this since I first saw the renderings.

Might not mean much to others, but it’s a strange little life parallel for this Evertonian, anyway.

we’ll have to change the moniker ‘school of science’ to ‘university of science’………

Yeah, good point. However, for publicity shots of this stadium around the world it'll be taken from the river side against the backdrop of the city (from certain angles), so I suppose it'll be best foot forward in that sense. But in the walk up to the stadium, yes, undoubtedly - at this stage at least - the east stand facade isn't as impressive.

I've said all along about this stadium that it doesn't blow me away, but the location is world class and the stadium can't fail to look excellent in it.
I felt I was being ultra picky even as I was typing it.Shots from the river will be outstanding and I'm sure we will be seeing them on a regular basis

Yes mate I agree but it's just said then that the East Stand entrance is the club store which now makes sense why the glass front isn't as big as the West Stand. I would have preferred it to look similar to the West Stand but tbf there'll be a lot of activity in that fan plaza that we'll probably not really notice.

I have enjoyed decades at GP. I am now an OAP of 78 years, I envy those of you who have many rears ahead of you to enjoy watching Everton in the new stadium.
Those of us in the new stadium will envy the match going days of those who witnessed title winners and many other great nights, I say that as someone absolutely thrilled about Bramley

I’m actually not much of a fan of the Western aspect. I think the stepped plaza - although an interesting feature I’ll enjoy wandering up and down - is a bit utilitarian and at odds with the rest of the design. Just a concrete mass.

I felt I was being ultra picky even as I was typing it.Shots from the river will be outstanding and I'm sure we will be seeing them on a regular bas
I have enjoyed decades at GP. I am now an OAP of 78 years, I envy those of you who have many rears ahead of you to enjoy watching Everton in the new stadium.
Hopefully the design of the stadium will make it easier for older fans to keep going . My dad struggled up the stairs to the Upper Bullens when he was 91

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back