New Everton Stadium

The only thing that could keep us at Goodison is the Everton Da`s and sentimentality, ending any commercial contract at Goodison 6 months early will be massively outweighed by BMD commercial deals for endless years...

More hospitality, more tickets, more corporate... why have a new stadium you will spend £700m+ on to leave it empty for 6 months.

Straight off the bat you can sell x amount of thousand half season tickets.
Presumably if they want to move mid(next) season the prices would have to be published and the seats sorted in the next couple of months to enable this to happen

Agree that we do need move in asap but still hard leave goodison means alot to so many people including myself
I’ve been to goodison regularly since 1970 and witnessed all the development. The main stand was transformative, the first 3 tier stand with elevators however it retained the characteristics of the obstructive views and seriously lacked any form of hospitality part from the chosen few. The street end massive development to have a roof 🤷🏻‍♂️ The park end bricked up to allow advertising and eventually knocked down to be replaced by the best stand in the ground which is ironic when you’re stood for ages waiting to get served or stuck in the back row waiting to get out. Not even commenting on the lower bullens [Poor language removed] hole that it is.
Never sat upper bullens but I suspect you can’t get a drink at halftime.
Nostalgia maybe but seriously goodison park is crap for many Evertonians.
Get down to bramley Moore , woo 🙏
Asap 🙏

I’ve been to goodison regularly since 1970 and witnessed all the development. The main stand was transformative, the first 3 tier stand with elevators however it retained the characteristics of the obstructive views and seriously lacked any form of hospitality part from the chosen few. The street end massive development to have a roof 🤷🏻‍♂️ The park end bricked up to allow advertising and eventually knocked down to be replaced by the best stand in the ground which is ironic when you’re stood for ages waiting to get served or stuck in the back row waiting to get out. Not even commenting on the lower bullens [Poor language removed] hole that it is.
Asap 🙏

A good seat in the upper Bullens is as good a view as any at any ground in the country. Yes, back of house is what you'd expect of a 1920s stand. That's what happens when nothing significant is spent on it in decades. Similar elsewhere in the ground. Park end wasn't bricked up for advertising. The rear terrace needed completely rebuilding because it was unsafe. They decided against it as they had more than enough capacity at that time and it was cheaper to block up. .

Presumably if they want to move mid(next) season the prices would have to be published and the seats sorted in the next couple of months to enable this to happen
Not necessarily, we are 14 months or so away from moving... with the amount of people on the season ticket waiting list, many 1000s moan that these tickets never come up or infrequently, I don`t think you`d get anyone rejecting the chance of a season ticket at 6 months. 3 months notice or even less than that but you`d hope the club would be organised in that respect...

IMO the club shouldn`t be asking the fans, like I said sentimental Kenwright clapping Everton Da`s will be the ones holding us back from making the move when we should be reaping the immediate financial return of a new stadium.

Not necessarily, we are 14 months or so away from moving... with the amount of people on the season ticket waiting list, many 1000s moan that these tickets never come up or infrequently, I don`t think you`d get
If we were moving mid next season then the move/seats in BMD would have to be sorted. As in the price per. game you would pay for your seat at Goodison and your new seat at BMD
anyone rejecting the chance of a season ticket at 6 months. 3 months notice or even less than that but you`d hope the club would be organised in that respect...

IMO the club shouldn`t be asking the fans, like I said sentimental Kenwright clapping Everton Da`s will be the ones holding us back from making the move when we should be reaping the immediate financial return of a new stadium.

Not necessarily, we are 14 months or so away from moving... with the amount of people on the season ticket waiting list, many 1000s moan that these tickets never come up or infrequently, I don`t think you`d get anyone rejecting the chance of a season ticket at 6 months. 3 months notice or even less than that but you`d hope the club would be organised in that respect...

I think we should move as soon a
s possible. I have a really good seat in ythe Upper Bullens but frankly a lot of the seats in Goodison are shocking and I am amazed we sell a lot of the seats

Asap 🙏
3 E bar units going into the Park End if change to license granted. Might make the service a bit quicker

Waiting list 5 years for me and my lads next July. If the club offered me a ST at the new ground the day before the first game, I’d be biting their hand off.

It’s not brick clad, that’s for sure.

West-Stand-central-view.jpg

The renders make it look like it’s bare concrete. Let’s hope it is granite, but I’m not convinced.

Honestly, I hope you’re right and I’m wrong.

Can't wait to see the lads jump in that canal after a derby win.

I remember someone mentioning that it woukd be decent if we built a large replica of St Ruperts tower. I think that is a massive miss, and would look absolutely brilliant

That was me. The temporary scaffolding on the side of the west stand looked like a tower which gave me the inspiration.

Edit: I'm sure I wasn't the only one. But a tower as a nod to our heritage could have been utilised as a storage unit or something. Or even a viewing tower like that weird thing they have at West Ham's.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back