New Everton Stadium

chewing-dip.gif

….a Tommy gif is always better than words :bye:

Willing to accept any and all apologies from the doubters.

It was quite clear this was how it would pan out. Now the BBC are reporting that we have 'delayed' moving into the new stadium. What a joke, i mean can anyone turn anything Everton related into a positive. This was never anything to do with any sort of delay!!!! Absolute anoying clickbait!!

It was quite clear this was how it would pan out. Now the BBC are reporting that we have 'delayed' moving into the new stadium. What a joke, i mean can anyone turn anything Everton related into a positive. This was never anything to do with any sort of delay!!!! Absolute anoying clickbait!!
I just made my first official complaint about this exact article but they've already updated it.

Teams who’ve moved stadiums in the past

Sunderland - gave Roker Park a final send off season before the Stadium of Light move

Leicester - saw Filbert Street off before going to the King Power for a fresh season

Man City - had the Etihad waiting for them during 2003/04, gave Maine Road the full season before saying goodbye

Arsenal - made a massive deal of Highbury’s last season with the Emirates near completion

West Ham - stayed at Upton Park while the Olympic was being converted

Tottenham - only moved mid season because the costs of renting Wembley were rising

Stoke, Southampton, Brighton other examples of staying in old grounds for full season before moving to their current homes

Answer me this, would you rather things be done right in the 5 months between the handover and the season end to test run everything and hold trial matches with youth/women’s teams first then a couple of glamour friendlies or have the first game have a myriad of entrance, kiosk, seating issues causing chaos just because of the need of starting 5 months early there?

Absolutely the right decision.

Would they have some sort of open day/days where people can come to the ground and sit in their seat prior to an actual game?
They will have to sweat the asset. I can’t believe it will just be sat there gathering dust for 6-9 months. Will they have some women’s games perhaps

So for many fans who suffer restricted views, can’t enjoy half time hospitality and the many thousands who can’t get a ticket we’re staying at gp for the sentimental. Forget logistics or commercial excuses if you want to move this will happen. The commercial benefits of the new ground will surpass anything that currently exists.
I feel very sorry for many of our older supporters who cba about gp despite their own glorious experience and desperate to see the new ground.
Very poor decision and hoping 777 take over and get this moving asap 🙏

Teams who’ve moved stadiums in the past

Sunderland - gave Roker Park a final send off season before the Stadium of Light move

Leicester - saw Filbert Street off before going to the King Power for a fresh season

Man City - had the Etihad waiting for them during 2003/04, gave Maine Road the full season before saying goodbye

Arsenal - made a massive deal of Highbury’s last season with the Emirates near completion

West Ham - stayed at Upton Park while the Olympic was being converted

Tottenham - only moved mid season because the costs of renting Wembley were rising

Stoke, Southampton, Brighton other examples of staying in old grounds for full season before moving to their current homes

Answer me this, would you rather things be done right in the 5 months between the handover and the season end to test run everything and hold trial matches with youth/women’s teams first then a couple of glamour friendlies or have the first game have a myriad of entrance, kiosk, seating issues causing chaos just because of the need of starting 5 months early there?
Or maybe it’s actually 8 months after handover not 5. We don’t know enough about plans and completion tbh but everything I have seen is that stadium completion will be aug2024 with handover dec 2024 which includes test events.
We obviously don’t know 🙄

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back