New Everton Stadium

Why aren’t they doing it now? Oh that’s right they weigh a ton and need cranes to lift them. Can’t see a few Walton/kirkdale lads toppling them, let alone picking them up and throwing them through a shop window.

If it could be done it would’ve been done already. Especially last night.

Dixie’s been vandalised how many times? Twice. They’ll be fine.
Yeah, they weigh a ton, they'll be 'fine'...

_132422394_cook.jpg
images
rd1uonvjmfe61.jpg

That was defo case with the regeneration / legacy plans, but that all seems to have gone a bit quiet since the last board got pumped.
Not sure if there’s either the finances or will to do any of that GP legacy stuff anymore, which would be a real shame for the area.
If it gets canned (or has already), I can’t see the statues staying there tbh.
Wasn't the Legacy thing one of the conditions of planning permission approval for BMD?

Yeah, they weigh a ton, they'll be 'fine'...

_132422394_cook.jpg
images
rd1uonvjmfe61.jpg
Come on do you really think this is gonna happen?

First one is Cook in Melbourne, a very decisive figure in Australia and had been vandalised over and over again. A bunch of racists cutting down Ghandi.

Who is gonna do this to our statues? It wouldn’t be Evertonians, which leaves that lot, and they wouldn’t do it because they’ve got their own that would be attacked in response.

So I’ll ask again, why hasn’t this happened already if it’s so easy? And why haven’t the rats of the city used any of the other hundreds of statues to throw through windows?

You’re talking out your arse again, thinking of wild scenarios and issues that don’t exist in attempt to derail another thread.

I believe in free speech so have tried not to put people on ignore, can’t be bothered with ya anymore. You’ve sucked the life out of this thread, which is about the only bright spark of this club for past few years, over and and over again.

I don’t even want an answer from you on my above questions, it’ll just be drivel anyway.

Well, the San Siro is exposed functionality with numerous Ramps and stair wells on all sides and a flat space-frame roof supported on concrete corner columns. The Bernabeu was simply a large concrete structure and is now clad completely in a metal grill. The Nou Camp was completely austere on the outside and I think the new exterior will be glass and steel. Bayern Munich looks like it's been bubble wrapped with no traditional architectural adornment at all..... these are probably the biggest club stadiums in Europe. What they all have in common is that the real feast on the eyes are the towering internal stands and how fans can watch the action from every angle and height.

All those stadiums you mentioned were built prior to when architects really looked to fill the space and make a statement that has seen stadium costs rise through the roof. The new versions of the Spanish giants are a drastic change to what was there before.

For what it's worth I love the San Siro, Bernabéu and the former National stadium at Cardiff Arms Park. All brutalist by design but a world away from the corrugated clad sheds that made up the bulk of the British stadiums at the time. It should count more to what is happening on the inside than out but this appears to have changed, where the statement is what it looks like from the outside. I think you are being harsh on Bayern's seeing its design is over 20 years old, it was a world's first in how it lights up and therefore has merit in its design.

First one is Cook in Melbourne, a very decisive figure in Australia and had been vandalised over and over again. A bunch of racists cutting down Ghandi.
Who is gonna do this to our statues? It wouldn’t be Evertonians, which leaves that lot, and they wouldn’t do it because they’ve got their own that would be attacked in response.
So I’ll ask again, why hasn’t this happened already if it’s so easy? And why haven’t the rats of the city used any of the other hundreds of statues to throw through windows?

You’re talking out your arse again, thinking of wild scenarios and issues that don’t exist in attempt to derail another thread.

I believe in free speech so have tried not to put people on ignore, can’t be bothered with ya anymore. You’ve sucked the life out of this thread, which is about the only bright spark of this club for past few years, over and and over again.

So why hasn't this happened already?

Because the club are still there and it'd be a massive issue if anyone was stupid enough to completely destroy either statues.

No one knows whether the club moving, places those statues at greater risk,but I wouldn’t put it past RS nobs to try something with the statues once the club goes. They already have form for pissing on Dixie’s statue when it was being used a rememberance for loved ones, and they defaced Prince Rupert’s tower.

You only have to see what’s happened in the last 48 hours to gain an insight into the mentality of certain sections of society so I don’t think that risk can be taken lightly. The only thing they may be afraid of then are reprisals of any of their statues.

I don’t even want an answer from you on my above questions, it’ll just be drivel anyway.

….regardless of the vandal risk, I think the statues are part of our history and should sit at BMD.

Fancy moving home and leaving your fancy ornaments on the mantle piece.

No one knows whether the club moving, places those statues at greater risk,but I wouldn’t put it past RS nobs to try something with the statues once the club goes. They already have form for pissing on Dixie’s statue when it was being used a rememberance for loved ones, and they defaced Prince Rupert’s tower.

You only have to see what’s happened in the last 48 hours to gain an insight into the mentality of certain sections of society so I don’t think that risk can be taken lightly. The only thing they may be afraid of then are reprisals of any of their statues.

I have to ask the question again: 'Why would the club decide to not take those two statues with them to the new stadium?'

I mean, they're forever bigging up the fact that the Leach criss-crosses are integrated on the new site. Why is that bit of history relevant and our greatest ever player and best ever midfield trio not relevant to us and our history?

They really are maddening.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back