New Shirt Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Without being an expert, any crypto payments would have to be made to a 'wallet' rather than a bank account, and payments could only be transferred to our bank account after the cryptocurrency has been converted into fiat. You'd have to wonder what cryptocurrency was being used for payment; there are some stable ones amongst many that are volatile in value. Hopefully Uncle Uzzy will be allowed to inflate the deal by increasing the amount of crypto in our wallet, who would know? lol
We are being paid by way of an NFT of Benitez dancing on stage at the end of that RS play.

Moshiri is made up.

I've done this for years. ie I will wear a Tshirt with the badge, or the name Everton on it, but there is no way I'm going to be a walking billboard for a sponsor (whoever it is)
Quite. If they want ME to be a billboard then they want you pay me. Sod the club!

Match days I’ll wear a replica shirt, other times I’ll wear my Goodison anniversary shirt that came out in 2017 or my ECWC retro shirt. No sponsors and both great shirts.

Wonder if they’ll do anything for next season with it being the 130th anniversary at Goodison? That is a rhetorical question because they didn’t even bother with our 140th anniversary in 2018.

Quite. If they want ME to be a billboard then they want you pay me. Sod the club!
Not sure you can blame the club though. It's unfortunately the way of the capitalist world we live in. Even if you could walk away from the club, your still stuck in a world of blatant consumerism until you shuffle off this mortal coil. :(

Not sure you can blame the club though. It's unfortunately the way of the capitalist world we live in. Even if you could walk away from the club, your still stuck in a world of blatant consumerism until you shuffle off this mortal coil. :(
I know its there - but I do my best to ignore it. I don't watch TV that carries ads nor listen to the radio funded by ads. I dont buy ad-papers...sorry "news"papers or magazines. Its bliss and I never get the urge to buy tat - not that its ever worked that way with me. I just deplore the time thievery and distractions.

I get all of that
I just find the link tenuous between a shirt sponsor and societies ills
Like asking for soft drink and beer to be reconsidered from being sold on site because lots of people are adversely affected to the detriment of their health by their choice of over consumption of those things too.
Seriously where you draw the line on these things depends on your perspective
In the Sports Pesa thread a few years ago I said I believed we will look on their sponsorship differently sometime in the future, and we did. I think you’re underestimating the value companies put on having their product on a PL team’s shirt, they clearly believe it’s a big influencer or they wouldn’t pay the money they do. And in your example , no , beer is no longer considered acceptable as a shirt sponsor .

You are right, we all have different life experiences and therefore a different perspective which influences where we draw the line. Mine is heavily influenced by the experiences of a young family member. Frankly I’d be embarrassed and disappointed if our club who do so much good work were to opt for a short term deal with a company involved in betting. Others will have a different perspective ?‍♂️

In the Sports Pesa thread a few years ago I said I believed we will look on their sponsorship differently sometime in the future, and we did. I think you’re underestimating the value companies put on having their product on a PL team’s shirt, they clearly believe it’s a big influencer or they wouldn’t pay the money they do. And in your example , no , beer is no longer considered acceptable as a shirt sponsor .

You are right, we all have different life experiences and therefore a different perspective which influences where we draw the line. Mine is heavily influenced by the experiences of a young family member. Frankly I’d be embarrassed and disappointed if our club who do so much good work were to opt for a short term deal with a company involved in betting. Others will have a different perspective ?‍♂️
In a nutshell.
No matter who is on the shirt, somebody somewhere will have a bad opinion.
Stick NHS on it, somebody will pipe up, but my aunt Doris died from eating some soup whilst in hospital.
For me, i don't care. As long as it is not something like gambling or some dodgy money laundering outfit.
I am sure our great owner knows a man who may have invested in a firm and directed said funds into said firm, to divert to us, for marketing purposes. I wouldn't be surprised to see some obscure outfit nobody has ever heard of.

Nothing that infuriates me more than unnecessary overcrowding for the sake of it.

Remember there being a. Really recent retro Jacket, I think under LCS, and they just randomly had “Everton” in massive letters on the back.

This too, is the worst of all. Why is this sound?

C9802815-6498-48D4-B085-9C5B54A734D0.jpeg

Arsenal wore their new home kit in our match against them the other day.

Will our new kit(s) and sponsor be ready for the USA tour?

That's a rhetorical question by the way.

It looks like the 3 kits will be launched one each in June, July and August. I wouldn’t be surprised if one of the kits was launched and debuted during the tour

Match days I’ll wear a replica shirt, other times I’ll wear my Goodison anniversary shirt that came out in 2017 or my ECWC retro shirt. No sponsors and both great shirts.

Wonder if they’ll do anything for next season with it being the 130th anniversary at Goodison? That is a rhetorical question because they didn’t even bother with our 140th anniversary in 2018.
How many anniversary celebrations do you want?

Awful that if they're going down the gambling route. Well and truly deserve to end up with egg on their faces when gambling sponsorship is banned soon and we're left sponsorless.

Status
Not open for further replies.