• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Newcastle Utd (and Viz)

You will know the Saudi's have finally got the club when Steve Bruce gets a memo that he has to go to the Saudi Embassy in London.

That will go over the head of the Barcodes fan who posts here or he'll just ignore it like that never happened in the Instanbul Saudi Embassy, because all i've seen on Twitter is Barcode fans defending Saudi's human rights record the last 12 months.

It's no surprise these human rights abusing theocratic monarchies want to buy football clubs, it's free PR and they will have millions of deluded brainwashed fans of the said clubs defending them like a internet army at any past heinous things those monarchist rulers have done or continue doing.

I lived in Newcastle for many years and can say with absolute certainty they do. Even the most rational of geordies (and I include many of my closest friends) turn into a foaming bloater as soon as football is mentioned. Like a switch is flicked. I used to work with a lad who called St James’ ‘church’ lol

Well who am I to argue with such a testimony?

I knew an Everton fan who once claimed Prescot Cables were better than Liverpool. Jeez isn't every single Everton fan utterly deluded for thinking that, cuh!

Your thoughts on Paulie Belta ?

His " zany " stuff seems to be held in high regard by many of the Toon fans.

He`s provided hours of fun on here.

Genuinely never heard of him. I avoid the NUFC Twitter community like the plague precisely because there's so many dimwits trying to stay relevant and one-upping themselves in the process. If you visited our equivalent forum to this you'd see near-universal dislike of these self-serving idiots.

You will know the Saudi's have finally got the club when Steve Bruce gets a memo that he has to go to the Saudi Embassy in London.

That will go over the head of the Barcodes fan who posts here or he'll just ignore it like that never happened in the Instanbul Saudi Embassy, because all i've seen on Twitter is Barcode fans defending Saudi's human rights record the last 12 months.

It's no surprise these human rights abusing theocratic monarchies want to buy football clubs, it's free PR and they will have millions of deluded brainwashed fans of the said clubs defending them like a internet army at any past heinous things those monarchist rulers have done or continue doing.

I mean, this is a perfect example of what I'm talking about. NUFC Twitter is an absolute cesspit; no one in their right mind is turning a blind eye to the atrocities in Saudi Arabia. You have to be an utter moron to affix the Saudi flag to your Twitter handle, or whatever.

Genuinely never heard of him. I avoid the NUFC Twitter community like the plague precisely because there's so many dimwits trying to stay relevant and one-upping themselves in the process. If you visited our equivalent forum to this you'd see near-universal dislike of these self-serving idiots.

You do him a disservice mate.

Have a look at his site, it`s pure comedy for all the wrong reasons.

If he had a Liverpool kit on, he`d be world famous lol

It’s not just one though is it. It’s a collective madness.

Can you provide an example of this collective madness? Have I portrayed myself as a foaming bloater, for instance? If not, then what do we believe?

Fwiw it's rare to see me defending the wider Newcastle fanbase; I've particular disdain for the current matchgoing support.

You saying that is like me saying, at 1-0 down, "you're not going to win, it's the 70th minute, move on."

You could be right, like, I really couldn't bet on the outcome at this stage. It all hinges on whether Ashley's legal teams can prove separation between PIF and the Saudi state; which is the key thing being debated in arbitration. The Premier League('s legal representative) itself said yesterday that the takeover would happen were that to be achieved. I've no idea how strong the legal arguments are either way though.

As long as there's even the merest of hope that the takeover could happen, there's little else to cling on to! We're a very, very desperate bunch these days, I've absolutely no hesitation in admitting that.

I had a flick back through this thread last night just for interest. I see your interpretation of Newcastle fans has been informed by the vocal loonies on Twitter like Steve Wraith et al. I can say with confidence that these types of people do not represent me or the majority!

Well PIF and the Saudi state couldn't answer that or give evidence to who would run the day to day at the time, so pulled out.

They've had months to sort that out. So surely that would be the first thing they'd slap down as evidence that the two are indeed separate entities or at least show that the Prince is running the operation, his own personal fortune, and not a 3rd party company that can borrow from the saudi state.

Isn't that the issue mainly? The idea that Newcastle can be run by the Saudi state and not an enterprise?

I lived in Newcastle for many years and can say with absolute certainty they do. Even the most rational of geordies (and I include many of my closest friends) turn into a foaming bloater as soon as football is mentioned. Like a switch is flicked. I used to work with a lad who called St James’ ‘church’ lol
Only been to Newcastle once...
A geordie mate once had spares for an UEFA cup tie (yeah that's right, NUFC in Europe). Don't remember the opponent
We go to a pub, have a quiet drink, fight breaks out between some fans, friend accidently gets broken pint glass in face, blood everywhere. Never made it to St James Park :p
Welcome to Newcastle!

A geordie mate once had spares for an UEFA cup tie (yeah that's right, NUFC in Europe). Don't remember the opponent
We go to a pub, have a quiet drink, fight breaks out between some fans, friend accidently gets broken pint glass in face, blood everywhere. Never made it to St James Park :p
Welcome to Newcastle!

Only been once myself years ago - birds there are dirtier than the back of me car ♡

Welcome to Newcastle!

I was waiting for a bus in Liverpool once, it was right outside a pub and I could see an Everton game on the tele inside. Next about the bouncer is two-handedly launching some lad in blue onto the pavement. Welcome to Liverpool!

Of course the point here is that there are total morons - or at least the potential for people to be total morons - in every single team's support. No team is unique.

@JimmyJeffers you've posted a picture of some fans at a game, one of whom has a party trick for taking his shirt off. I'm not sure what this proves.

@kenada_blue cheers; you're absolutely right, that's what the point of contention is and that's what they're trying to prove in arbitration, which is currently adjourned until January. Who knows what the outcome will be.

Well PIF and the Saudi state couldn't answer that or give evidence to who would run the day to day at the time, so pulled out.

They've had months to sort that out. So surely that would be the first thing they'd slap down as evidence that the two are indeed separate entities or at least show that the Prince is running the operation, his own personal fortune, and not a 3rd party company that can borrow from the saudi state.

Isn't that the issue mainly? The idea that Newcastle can be run by the Saudi state and not an enterprise?
I honestly don't know how you cannot seperate both entities, PIF state investment fund where most of the oil profits for the regime go to after they have given the 25000 princes their annual allowance.

But still, is it no wonder MBS won't alone say he will be the sole owner of the club, he's one of the worst people on the planet, a sick psychotic monster of a man who thinks nothing of creating a death squad to kill Saudi dissidents around the World, who actually wanted videos for his own pleasure seeing that Saudi Journalist dismembered, tortured and chopped up, only reason that came out is the idiots in the death squad left the footage of it on a cloud service where the NSA hacked it and brought it to public knowledge.

That's who Barcode fan want owning their club, because they want to win shiny trophies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back