• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Newcastle Utd (and Viz)

I mean, who wouldn't look at him funny?View attachment 140478
You get a sense when someone is just all mouth or will actually deck you for no reason. This guy climbing over a fence after putting his leather gloves on certainly meant business. Luckily there was a break in traffic and I legged it across the road whilst several passers by looked on bemused from the bus stop.

I was waiting for a bus in Liverpool once, it was right outside a pub and I could see an Everton game on the tele inside. Next about the bouncer is two-handedly launching some lad in blue onto the pavement. Welcome to Liverpool!

Of course the point here is that there are total morons - or at least the potential for people to be total morons - in every single team's support. No team is unique.

@JimmyJeffers you've posted a picture of some fans at a game, one of whom has a party trick for taking his shirt off. I'm not sure what this proves.

@kenada_blue cheers; you're absolutely right, that's what the point of contention is and that's what they're trying to prove in arbitration, which is currently adjourned until January. Who knows what the outcome will be.

Personally don't begrudge Newcastle getting taken over by some rich moneymen.

But it does fall into the realm dubious when it's an entire country/state bankrolling a premier league club.

While I'm not of a fan of City's owners smashing through and obliterating the competition financially... there's a clear split between Shiek Mansour, his wealth, and the company set up to invest in sports than state funded infinite pot of gold that is PIF.

The Collingwood Arms could grace any city in the UK, it’s a fantastic old pub.
true that’s a good boozer.
Tyne bar and Free Trade are probably my favourite bars there. Anyone who visits Newcastle and likes a beer should check them out. Right next to each other. Free trade has one of the best beer gardens I’ve ever been to. Very mixed crowd, from retrobates to dogs on string. Never seen any bother.

Tyne bar and Free Trade are probably my favourite bars there. Anyone who visits Newcastle and likes a beer should check them out. Right next to each other. Free trade has one of the best beer gardens I’ve ever been to. Very mixed crowd, from retrobates to dogs on string. Never seen any bother.
I really like the Crown Posada. Proper old pub with nice ales. Always ended up in a random conversation with somebody in there.

A good piece from Henry Winter here on why this interminable saga has implications for the whole league, not just us:

Anything from Henry Winter on "implications for the whole league", gets a wide berth for me, given his apologist approach to the "Sky 6", and their breakaway having an impact on "fans".

Like walking into a time machine that place. Can’t believe it’s still going given some of the soulless gastro pubs round there now
Yeah, it stands out courtesy of having not changed. I haven't been in there for a few years now, do hopefully the pandemic didn't kill it off. There's another one I like around the corner, but mostly for its beer range. I think it's lady greys, but couldn't swear by it as I'm usually steaming by the time I get there.

I knew you and I could become friends eventually.

I honestly don't know how you cannot seperate both entities, PIF state investment fund where most of the oil profits for the regime go to after they have given the 25000 princes their annual allowance.

But still, is it no wonder MBS won't alone say he will be the sole owner of the club, he's one of the worst people on the planet, a sick psychotic monster of a man who thinks nothing of creating a death squad to kill Saudi dissidents around the World, who actually wanted videos for his own pleasure seeing that Saudi Journalist dismembered, tortured and chopped up, only reason that came out is the idiots in the death squad left the footage of it on a cloud service where the NSA hacked it and brought it to public knowledge.

That's who Barcode fan want owning their club, because they want to win shiny trophies.
Probably still killed less than your lot in Europe.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back