• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Newcastle Utd (and Viz)

Only been to Newcastle once...
A geordie mate once had spares for an UEFA cup tie (yeah that's right, NUFC in Europe). Don't remember the opponent
We go to a pub, have a quiet drink, fight breaks out between some fans, friend accidently gets broken pint glass in face, blood everywhere. Never made it to St James Park :p
Welcome to Newcastle!
I'm actually a big fan of the North East. Had many a night out in Newcastle and mercifully have swerved hassle. Having said that, I suspect of you drunk in some areas it's probably easy enough to come by.

I honestly don't know how you cannot seperate both entities, PIF state investment fund where most of the oil profits for the regime go to after they have given the 25000 princes their annual allowance.

But still, is it know wonder MBS won't alone say he will be the sole owner of the club, he's one of the worst people on the planet, a sick psychotic monster of a man who thinks nothing of creating a death squad to kill Saudi dissidents around the World, who actually wanted videos for his own pleasure seeing that Saudi Journalist dismembered, tortured and chopped up, only reason that came out is the idiots in the death squad left it on a cloud service where the NSA hacked it and brought it to public knowledge.

That's who Barcode fan want owning their club, because they want to win shiny trophies.
Your dead right. Morals and ethics are extremely important in football aren't they? Doing the right thing above all else. No football club should be tainted by unscrupulous practices, social, economic or on the pitch. Wouldn't you agree? Zero tolerance.

Edit: by fans, owners or staff.

I was waiting for a bus in Liverpool once, it was right outside a pub and I could see an Everton game on the tele inside. Next about the bouncer is two-handedly launching some lad in blue onto the pavement. Welcome to Liverpool!

Of course the point here is that there are total morons - or at least the potential for people to be total morons - in every single team's support. No team is unique.
I know I know... Just reminiscing about years gone by!
Of course you're right. Footballfans are generally all the same, we all know that

'We want to win shiny trophies.'

lol

The only thing I want is to be able to support my team again. The removal of Ashley is paramount to that; not because of who he is but because of how he runs the football club. I would choose literally anyone else other than him, because I want to feel happy when Newcastle scores a goal, as opposed to apathetic/annoyed. Would I choose Saudi Arabia if given the option between them and not a brutal, abhorrent regime? Absolutely not.

Your dead right. Morals and ethics are extremely important in football aren't they? Doing the right thing above all else. No football club should be tainted by unscrupulous practices, social, economic or on the pitch. Wouldn't you agree? Zero tolerance.

Edit: by fans, owners or staff.

It's one of many things in modern football that is deeply unfair - your average Joe being roped into having to have some opinion on geopolitics and how regimes operates, because of an affiliation with a football team they have no control over. Worse still, people being used as proxies for the support or marketing or 'sportswashing' of a state. People are just football fans, but so often they're forced into being something more; totally exploited. I feel a bit sorry for the heed-the-baals who can't wait to succumb to it.

It's one of many things in modern football that is deeply unfair - your average Joe being roped into having to have some opinion on geopolitics and how regimes operates, because of an affiliation with a football team they have no control over. Worse still, people being used as proxies for the support or marketing or 'sportswashing' of a state. People are just football fans, but so often they're forced into being something more; totally exploited. I feel a bit sorry for the heed-the-baals who can't wait to succumb to it.
Unfortunately you're missing some context here. This lad is a known Liverpool fan who pretends to be a blue. He goes round the forum taking the moral high ground about other clubs.

Which of course, Liverpool FC are whiter than white, no?

I'm actually a big fan of the North East. Had many a night out in Newcastle and mercifully have swerved hassle.

Same, though have to say one of my mates ended up in the same scenario as Gareth from 'The Office' on a night out on the Toon. He's getting off with the wife while the husband watches.

Not sure if he went back to their place in a sidecar though.

Same, though have to say one of my mates ended up in the same scenario as Gareth from 'The Office' on a night out on the Toon. He's getting off with the wife while the husband watches.

Not sure if he went back to their place in a sidecar though.
Oh my days.

Yeah, it is quite a fruity part of the world by all accounts. Suppose something has gotta get you through near perma-winter.

My mate did his masters at Newcastle Uni and lived in Byker. He said it was considered rough locally, but he thought it wasn't too bad. Which says a lot about our hometown!
Actually after years of living in Newcastle, had very little trouble. Moved to Edinburgh and got chased down the street after a couple of weeks by an angry ginger man on a comedown on a Sunday morning for looking at him funny.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back