• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Newcastle Utd (and Viz)

Arabs are great. I've known a good few and welcomed many into my home while they went to an English language school here in Liverpool

However I'm afraid too many of their countries are lead by disgusting murderous corrupt despots

Boss that they will own 2 of our clubs

Certainly not the first time us westerners have welcomed them with open arms as long as it meant we can get their doe

Modern football is a joke. Would love if it crashed and burned and we could start again with proper fair rules that put clubs on an even financial playing field and we could have an actual competition.

Personally I welcome them having money. I think it's a disgrace that the so called big 6 have been the clubs at the top of the league for so long and their antics trying to start a super league. Another joining the party means more competition for them.

Yes of course it means more for us too, but I have no issue with that. Newcastle deserve to be allowed a takeover just the same as city did and just the same as Chelsea did. Its the way its always worked so good on them. Why should a team like Arsenal or Liverpool think they have some kind of divine right to stop them.

I'm very sceptical this will amount to much, but the terror from certain reds tells you their fear.

If it is the real deal sort of takeover, they will lose out most. City/Chelsea have backing to compete with it. United have a far bigger more developed brand (and lets face it, a poor United last season is still better than a very good Liverpool). But Liverpool face being bumped down further. You can feel the existential dread.

I don't care about them lot, this Newcastle takeover is another team going above Everton - that's what I care about. Pushes us even further back from competing at the top end while their self-entitled fans get what they want.

Another artificial 'big' club. Sigh.

One part of me hopes the despots come in at Newcastle and blow the "Super Six" out of the water. After all, this is the logical conclusion to how modern football has been run. While I agree that the financial rules imposed by, let's face it, the incumbent cartel clubs will stymie Newcastle's ambitions - just as they did ours this summer - the one difference is the new owners at Newcastle are a lot less likely to accept their lot than "Mr Moshiri." The rules don't apply to these people. They chop people up in Turkish embassies. They are not taking over to finish behind other Gulf state puppet clubs. I suspect they are taking over to win everything. City, Chelsea, United, and Newcastle will become the de facto CL clubs. Liverpool, Arsenal, and Spurs will be dependent on extra CL places, but their days competing for the title will, effectively, end. And it's no more than they utterly deserve.

Some would say that's what we deserved after 1992. They'd have a point. That said, it was still possible for a Norwich to compete for the title for a while after the 1992 breakaway. It won't be possible for an Arsenal after this.

I've long accepted that modern club football is more rigged than professional wrestling. It's a circus. The discerning dabble in the Champions League knockout stages where they watch a freak show, but a freak show that is genuinely competitive at that stage. You want competition? Watch that and the international tournaments. The Big Match Revisited is another option - but sometimes that's too painful to watch as you can really feel what we have all lost.

I don't care about them lot, this Newcastle takeover is another team going above Everton - that's what I care about. Pushes us even further back from competing at the top end while their self-entitled fans get what they want.

Another artificial 'big' club. Sigh.

It could be mate.

What you realise those, is there will always be teams at the top, middle and bottom. They will just replace one of the top teams (probably Liverpool) if it goes the way some think

Our job remains the same, we have to get better. Hoping for everyone else to be bad isnt enough.

It looks to me like there is already a lot of rowing back on what will or wont happen from this takeover, and how it wont be like City. I'm not convinced it will.

They will have exactly the same problems we've had. We couldn't attract the top players no matter how much money we had to spend so Newcastle certainly won't be able to.

They are in a relegation fight this year. That should be their first priority.

Depends how they spend that first 130m and how much blag sponsorship money they can create.

After years of false dawns in this thread it's finally happened.

Everthehongkongtoffee got pinged. Big question now is, who is the petromod?

Football is proper dead isn't it? Murdered by money.

Another state owned football club that magically passes the laughable director's test once what should be an entirely separate TV rights deal is sorted out.

Honestly, I hate football now. I only hold an interest in a ridiculous hope it somehow turns itself around, but I did the same for WWE - which is equally fixed - and eventually that love died, the same will happen for football for me.

It's not that I'm 'jealous' of Newcastle getting rich owners; it's that a club like Newcastle shouldn't have to sell its' soul to literal actual murderers to compete. No club should.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back