• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Newcastle Utd (and Viz)

Saudi Arabian Public Investment Fund (PIF). The entire states sovereign wealth in one pot for the government to invest in other areas be it structural, cultural, or commercial. Even wars or funding other countries arsenals. Currently stands at $500billion in assets.

Apparently it's the least transparent public investment fund in the world. Meaning no one knows what the hell their government uses the majority of funds for.

But yeah...it's all good.

While I've got nothing positive to say about City or Chelsea's owners (as they're all corrupted and dodgy themselves)...at least the funds are their own assets separate from a whole nations pot

Last edited:
If you’re Arsenal or Spurs this is worse news than for us. These teams have been in the champions league and financially need to be there.
A guy made a good point of the radio, that this is good news for the league. Newcastle being competitive means they will have the potential to take points of every other team we will be competing with.
Chelsea, United, Spurs and Arsenal dropping points is good for us.

At the end of the day it’s up to us to spend wisely and win games.

If you’re Arsenal or Spurs this is worse news than for us. These teams have been in the champions league and financially need to be there.
A guy made a good point of the radio, that this is good news for the league. Newcastle being competitive means they will have the potential to take points of every other team we will be competing with.

I mean they have to buy about 8 new players and appoint a new manager and back room set up first. Still have them favourites to get relegated this season also.

They undoubtedly will - because any decent footballer isn't going to agree to live in the armpit of England playing for a no mark club

Probably right. I'd imagine they'll run into the same issues we did were players aren't patient now to be a part of a 'project' and would rather short-term successes. Albeit they have a LOT more money to play with.

I hear Steve Walsh is still looking a job...

If they do the same. They're not going to as the club name has to be a pull amongst the other things like wages etc.

What it will mean is that they'll get dabs on those 2nd tier players that we'd be fishing around for.

Probably right. I'd imagine they'll run into the same issues we did were players aren't patient now to be a part of a 'project' and would rather short-term successes. Albeit they have a LOT more money to play with.

Will they?

Unless FFP and Premier League spending rules change dramatically they'll be allowed to spunk a load at first and then be hamstrung for years afterwards

Newcastle spent £40m on Joelinton - Just think about the potential for accumulated garbage

They won't be fighting over Chelsea etc for players..it'll be us, spurs, arsenal etc in and around that calibre.

It's not like they're gonna go in for Haaland or Kane, and even if they did they'd be back of the queue no matter what wages they'd pay.

For the meantime at least.

Will they?

Unless FFP and Premier League spending rules change dramatically they'll be allowed to spunk a load at first and then be hamstrung for years afterwards

Newcastle spent £40m on Joelinton - Just think about the potential for accumulated garbage

Aren't they changing next season? The FFP one anyway. The premier league one is bobbins.

But I do agree...they'll over spend on average cos they can. It'll drive the market up.

And also... They won't have a clue either. We'll flog them Davies for £60million and they'd agree cos...it's nothing to em for example just like we did for a certain Icelandic player

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back