• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Newcastle Utd (and Viz)

Any Everton fan worried about this letting it spoil there Thursday morning is just crazy. No matter how much money the toon get they will always be a horrible little biff club. With deluded horse punching fans in the worst part of England.

This is the barcodes 'Man City moment' even if growth is likely to be organic rather than spectacular. Whatever the moral and ethical objections to letting such an abhorrent state 'sportswash' their money with premier league backing, it's happening and their wealth is so enormous it will inevitably change the current order at the top of the premier league over time.

It won't be overnight by any means, but a longer drawn out far more organic change with concentration initially on facilities set up and creating the environment for the inevitable.

It's a huge moment, even if it'll take years to see the true results.

I know Mansour and Abramovich aint squeekly clean neither is Usmanov but none have been implicated in funding terrorism, murdering a journalist and chopping them up with a bonesaw.

Its a disgrace not one media outlet has the guts to call it out for what it ultimately is.
Your first sentence probably answers your second.

Any Everton fan worried about this letting it spoil there Thursday morning is just crazy. No matter how much money the toon get they will always be a horrible little biff club. With deluded horse punching fans in the worst part of England.

You can say the same about Man City and Chelsea but it won't stop them being perennial winners. It'll take the barcodes years but they will get there, it's now virtually inevitable.

Mainly because we thought that the premier league did some actual fit and proper testing review rather than admit it was all down to piracy of their "product"

If they actually did a fit and proper testing review, we wouldn’t have a Russian at Chelsea and our owner wouldn’t be an Iranian.

Inevitable ?

Come on mate.

I think it is, the money won't disappear after its all wasted, their wealth isn't comparable to our owner or lesser clubs but right up there with PSG and City (in fact probably more than City). Their state backing will be huge and there for the long term.

I said it won't be any overnight transformation as such is impossible considering rules and practicality but it'll happen over the next ten years.

They will attract better better players and bigger names than we did when we came into money. We aren't that rich but mosh has been willing to spend like an Arab trillionaire. Difference is the Arab clobber and the media sensationalising it will turn heads of players.

I think it is the money won't disappear after its all wasted, their wealth isn't comparable to our owner or lesser clubs but right up there with PSG and City (in fact probably more than City). Their state backing will be huge and there for the long term.

I said it won't be any overnight transformation as such is impossible considering rules and practicality but it'll happen over the next ten years.
They are currently second from bottom of the league and absolute gash.

There priority should be sorting out now, but that utter weirdo fanbase have probably already been booking flights and hotels in Munich and Paris for their 2023 Champions League games.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back