Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally I think appointing someone with a 35% win percentage over his career, who got less out of Sunderland than Gus Poyet, and threw away his dream job because he couldn't help himself from being an odious fat biff, when you're 2 years into a 'short window' in which you're trying to make yourself a real force would be a tad more reckless than appointing a highly rated if - GULP - foreign manager, but hey, it's all about opinions.
Sam's proven himself a survival expert in the Prem several times. My brief google of Fonseca suggests he's proven nothing of the sort. He's never managed in a top league and I'd imagine Moshiri is only aware of him through Mendes.
If Moshiri really does get him which I dont believe will happen it will be an insane gamble. He could prove another Marco Silva but the odds of that kinda lightening striking twice are pretty dam slim. If this happens it will prove to me that Moshiri has absolutely no idea what hes doing and is likely to destroy the club Villa style.

i'm amazed everyone is supporting Fonseca, cos if he's not able to adapt instantly to the Premier League, we get relegated for the first time in fifty years

I’m amazed that people think premier league experience is so key when appointing a manger.

Yellow teeth at the RS, Guardiola and Conte all hadn’t managed in the UK before.

Like Merson and Thompson having a brexiteers breakdown over Silva turning up at Hull last year.

The premier league is nowhere near as strong as everyone makes out. Particularly this year when outside of the top 5 it’s positively terrible.

Sam's proven himself a survival expert in the Prem several times. My brief google of Fonseca suggests he's proven nothing of the sort. He's never managed in a top league and I'd imagine Moshiri is only aware of him through Mendes.
If Moshiri really does get him which I dont believe will happen it will be an insane gamble. He could prove another Marco Silva but the odds of that kinda lightening striking twice are pretty dam slim. If this happens it will prove to me that Moshiri has absolutely no idea what hes doing and is likely to destroy the club Villa style.
You're probably right mate, the chances of there being TWO competent managers in one of these backward European hellholes is incredibly slim. You never know though.

If Moshiri really does get him which I dont believe will happen it will be an insane gamble. He could prove another Marco Silva but the odds of that kinda lightening striking twice are pretty dam slim. if this happens it will prove to me that Moshiri has absolutely no idea what hes doing and is likely to destroy the club Villa style.

If it happened would you not at least wait for 4 or 5 games before deciding that it was a disastrous mistake?

What if SA is appointed and he doesn't win a game between now and January, will that not be Moshiris fault as well?

Essentially it doesn't matter who he appoints... it will all come down to how we perform. Regardless of who is appointed if we don't improve Moshiri will be blamed - if I was in his situation I'd probably take the gamble now when we have 75 points still to play for in the league... appoint SA now and if it doesn't go well there's not much you can do really... appoint Fonseca and at least if he tanks he'd probably be sacked by end of Jan and SA would be in anyway.

I’m amazed that people think premier league experience is so key when appointing a manger.

Yellow teeth at the RS, Guardiola and Conte all hadn’t managed in the UK before.

Like Merson and Thompson having a brexiteers breakdown over Silva turning up at Hull last year.

The premier league is nowhere near as strong as everyone makes out. Particularly this year when outside of the top 5 it’s positively terrible.
you are referring to top line managers proven at the highest level, but for ordinary mortals the PL can be a baptism of fire

you are referring to top line managers proven at the highest level, but for ordinary mortals the PL can be a baptism of fire

But the likes of Pardew, Allardyce, Hodgson etc. have all had so many premier league jobs because they've lost so many premier league jobs.

I think the point is that no matter who we appoint it's going to be a gamble... Sam feels like less of a gamble because the media have built up this 'relegation saviour' persona for both him and Pulis - but it's rubbish really. (not saying that Sam couldn't come in here and settle the ship... just that it's not a guarantee by any stretch and I think that's what OP was on about)

This really. Pochettino too, the man didn't even speak English ffs. Managers like Silva, Wagner, Pellegrino are above relegation messiah Pulis, Clement, Mark Hughes.

If you're a good manager you're a good manager. Adapting to the Premier League is vastly overrated.

champions league?

Vlasic says they can have a full English in the morning before training.

Would The Crook allow this to continue? Yes of course
Would Fonseca allow this to continue? No of course not

But the likes of Pardew, Allardyce, Hodgson etc. have all had so many premier league jobs because they've lost so many premier league jobs.

I think the point is that no matter who we appoint it's going to be a gamble... Sam feels like less of a gamble because the media have built up this 'relegation saviour' persona for both him and Pulis - but it's rubbish really. (not saying that Sam couldn't come in here and settle the ship... just that it's not a guarantee by any stretch and I think that's what OP was on about)
i disagree, Hodgson and Allardyce dont often get the push.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back