Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
And QSF and Mazzari at Watford who steadied a championship team into a decent premier league one.

Apart from them as well.

There have been loads of pants ones as well. Don’t get me wrong. But it’s just stupid to suggest that hiring from abroad is some insane risk (provided the manager in question has decent experience) as all evidence suggests otherwise.

In this case, this is a fella who has won cups and leagues and managed a very good champions league team.

I’d rather that than someone who has rarely finished in the top half of the table and never won a cup (in 25 years of trying).
we are on the edge of a cliff at the moment. if we get it wrong we lose another hundred million on top of the hundred Ron blew. as such, I'm not sure handing the keys to a guy I hadn't even heard of two days ago is such a brilliant plan

If we appoint Fonseca now after entering into negotiations with Sam and not choosing him for the second time I think it would eliminate him from the equation if needed in January. Hes not likely to listen to us for a third time and may already be managing one of our relegation rivals by then.

Hah, Sam would be delighted if we had to go back to him a third time.... he'd probably end up on Mourinho wages he'd have that much leverage.

Honestly though, I'm not worried if events conspired to have Sam turn us down at any stage - despite the panic being induced by the media we have loads of points to play for and loads of time left to recover.

Pep manages the top team in the Prem, backed by the money of an entire country behind him..
Is that a given too ?
My point is being in the Champs league via managing the strongest team in a weak league does not equate to 'managing in a top league'.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/...dyce-as-manager-by-tomorrow-evening-t89dshc8n

Everton aim to appoint Sam Allardyce as manager by tomorrow evening
new
Paul Joyce, Northern Football Correspondent

November 28 2017, 5:00pm, The Times

methode%2Ftimes%2Fprod%2Fweb%2Fbin%2F1b33ac6a-d455-11e7-9825-214165100f73.jpg

Allardyce had previously turned down the Everton positionMARTIN RICKETT/PA
Everto are progressing in talks with Sam Allardyce’s representatives as they seek to appoint a new manager before tomorrow’s home game against West Ham United.

Everton reacted to Sunday’s abject 4-1 defeat to Southampton, which highlighted all of the flaws which threaten their top flight status, by inviting the former England coach back to the negotiating table.

Those players who do not have the bottle to take on the fight need to be honest and say there are not up for itUnsworth
Length of contract and Allardyce’s backroom staff will feature in the negotiations, which are said to be moving forward slowly but surely. Allardyce is in Dubai and not due back in the country until

FFS

6m a year job and the best they can come up with is Allardyce after 5 weeks?

Incredible how this has panned out. Heads need to roll.

You realise that's appalling reasoning right?
you mean, just because I haven't heard of him doesn't mean he cant be a good manager?
if so, of course true. but we cant afford to get this wrong, so surely it makes sense to go with somebody with proven knowledge of successfully digging a crap team out the mire

Joyce has come out with similar to Bascombe just now, which mans Bills office is sending out the memos to them all

very strange IF Moshiri is the one doing negotiations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back