Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully he can get us safe quickly, so we can start hounding this board out.

It’s clear we aren’t going anywhere with them if 20 years wasn’t enough the last 6 months have been a eye opener to our happy clappers.

Yellow teeth at the RS, Guardiola and Conte all hadn’t managed in the UK before.

Apart from Silva and apart from Potch at Southampton?

This really. Pochettino too, the man didn't even speak English ffs. Managers like Silva, Wagner, Pellegrino are above relegation messiah Pulis, Clement, Mark Hughes.

If you're a good manager you're a good manager. Adapting to the Premier League is vastly overrated.
How many of these managers came new to the Prem mid season to a team in a relegation battle on a long run of conceeding at least 2 goals a game and with stats like 'no team has ever conceeded this many goals at this stage and survived in the Prem'? I'm only aware of Silva who seems a great manager but the fact is he ultimately saw his team relegated.
There are no guarantees with any appointment there are only probabilities based on past evidence. The evidence repeatedly shows that Sam is experienced and successful at saving teams in our position. The overseas completely inexperienced candidates, glamourous though they may be, are far more likely fall short.

No. your missing the point. What we do for the community is exceptional and we get high accolades for it. It kinda undermines what we do doesnt it. Im not saying we are clean by any means but this kinda stink tends to stick. Its not him its the company he keeps i.e. his lad... Look it up

If he comes he’s here to get points
Just leave him to that and don’t worry yourself about our reputation

Unsy will take one more hit tomorrow night for the club.

Then we announce new manager and hope to roll over Huddersfield to get him off to a win before a dry bumming at Anfield.

He’ll get us out of the hole we are in and everybody will get over it.

Managers don’t last 5 minutes these days anyway. Don’t like this bus that has come along? Jump on board the next one instead. Arriving June ‘18. It’s painted Silva.
That's the tiniest piece of consolation I can take from this. I wrote off this season with news of the new stadium, but to be in this position is an absolute shock. If he can get these players actually playing then fair play, but I'm already looking forward to his departure.

BREAKING JUST IN

“For our club to compete in the North West of England, the new Hollywood of football with (Pep) Guardiola, (Jose) Mourinho and (Jurgen) Klopp, we needed a star to stand on our touch line, so I got Big Sam”

BREAKING JUST IN

“For our club to compete in the North West of England, the new Hollywood of football with (Pep) Guardiola, (Jose) Mourinho and (Jurgen) Klopp, we needed a star to stand on our touch line, so I got Big Sam”
In all seriousness that's what I just don't get - how can Moshiri settle for Allardyce given all he's said previously about getting a name that the fans will be happy with?? Doesn't add up.

...if the odds are an indicator, i don’t think anything is certain. Allardyce is odds-on but not as clearly as he has been, Fonseca on the drift.

I just wanted somebody in before West Ham. Edit, I just wanted anybody in before West Ham. I think the outcome is an inevitable defeat, and we can’t afford to be losing home games.

For all my faults, and there are many, the one I get really annoyed at is being an eternal optimist. I can literally see the good in almost anything. And have a cast iron conviction that everything will come out the wash ok.

BFS might actually do ok. Its by a mile the biggest club he has managed, with a talented, if unbalanced squad. (no news that). Jan coming up. You never know, Everton and BFS might just be the crowning of his career.

In all seriousness that's what I just don't get - how can Moshiri settle for Allardyce given all he's said previously about getting a name that the fans will be happy with?? Doesn't add up.
Likely because said managers are unavailable or simply not interested in us.

For all my faults, and there are many, the one I get really annoyed at is being an eternal optimist. I can literally see the good in almost anything. And have a cast iron conviction that everything will come out the wash ok.

BFS might actually do ok. Its by a mile the biggest club he has managed, with a talented, if unbalanced squad. (no news that). Jan coming up. You never know, Everton and BFS might just be the crowning of his career.

Or I pose to you an alternative theory to this managerial quandry, quite elegantly described below.

"It could also go tits up".

Dream on. It’ll all end in tears when we are still 16th in 12 months time despite having added a few more mercenaries to the bunch we already have. Appalling stuff. I railroaded my eldest into being a blue, I won’t do the same with the two younger boys.

The values and traditions of this club are gone for good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back