Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dont think anyone wants it. In the same way no one on here wants to have an operation tomorrow. But needs must maybe.

I really don’t think they do though.

1. We have 3/4 important first team players coming back from injury in the next month.

2. We are not bottom.

3. It’s not March.

4. We have money to spend and a transfer window to do it.

I don’t get how anyone can’t see that.

Everybody just assumes he comes in, and we don't get relegated...this could end in tears...
That's what I don't get. It's not only a case of bring Fat Sam in and we're saved, it's also bring any other manager in and were doomed. Only Sam can save us. It's almost hero worship that is totally unmerited. The worse thing is that longer term he can do so much more damage to the club, and we're in a bad enough state as it is.

Nope I think if we let Sam take the reigns here then the club will be destroyed.
We don't have a choice bro but you can get your banners out if you want. I doubt many will agree with you in the stands that it's the right thing to do right now like but maybe I'm wrong. For what it's worth Im with you on not wanting Sam, think you'd be hard pushed to find many that do want him tbh.

I really don’t think they do though.

1. We have 3/4 important first team players coming back from injury in the next month.

2. We are not bottom.

3. It’s not March.

4. We have money to spend and a transfer window to do it.

I don’t get how anyone can’t see that.

I can see that mate. Maybe BFS will ride that wave and have us in a decent finish come May. You never know. Do I like the fella? No. Not at all. But to coin a phrase, we go with what we have. He is, it seems, managing my football club, not marrying my daughter. (If I had one).

That's what I don't get. It's not only a case of bring Fat Sam in and we're saved, it's also bring any other manager in and were doomed. Only Sam can save us. It's almost hero worship that is totally unmerited. The worse thing is that longer term he can do so much more damage to the club, and we're in a bad enough state as it is.

Fred I agree.

I am honestly clinging to a faint hope that this Allardyce thing is just a smokescreen and secretly we are crossing the t’s and dotting the i’s on a long term contract for Paulo Fonseca.

Everton often surprise me. Which is why I feel right now we are doomed if we get a new manager that is on the current odds board.

It’s got to be someone off it.

I can see that mate. Maybe BFS will ride that wave and have us in a decent finish come May. You never know. Do I like the fella? No. Not at all. But to coin a phrase, we go with what we have. He is, it seems, managing my football club, not marrying my daughter. (If I had one).

I guess I’d be more happy if he’d ever showed any interest in winning a cup.

To attempt to be positive: the idea of a hard working mega aggressive team getting Goodison rocking wouldn’t be half bad.

If it does happen to be Big Sam who knows how well he could do here, he's mainly managed lower premier league teams and had one game in charge of England (so not really had a chance on the international stage) , tbh I think we are going to be his only chance to manage a so called bigger team so he really has to prove he can manage us in that way. Could turn out to be interesting.

For all my faults, and there are many, the one I get really annoyed at is being an eternal optimist. I can literally see the good in almost anything. And have a cast iron conviction that everything will come out the wash ok.

BFS might actually do ok. Its by a mile the biggest club he has managed, with a talented, if unbalanced squad. (no news that). Jan coming up. You never know, Everton and BFS might just be the crowning of his career.
You may be better criticising our useless board - people have been warning about Kenwright and his cronies for years but fans refused to see beyond 'he's a blue" etc etc. Now throw Moshiri into the mix, resulting in disagreements and the chickens are finally coming home to roost. No matter what Allardyce does or doesn't do (if he comes here) the problems at board level will continue until the majority of fans wake up and smell the coffee

Fred I agree.

I am honestly clinging to a faint hope that this Allardyce thing is just a smokescreen and secretly we are crossing the t’s and dotting the i’s on a long term contract for Paulo Fonseca.

Everton often surprise me. Which is why I feel right now we are doomed if we get a new manager that is on the current odds board.

It’s got to be someone off it.
I'm normally a glass half full guy but this Allardyce thing has a sense of finality about it for me. As far as I'm concerned this really is worse case scenario. The possibility that he's currently sitting there negotiating his 7 figure bonus for keeping us up just drives me nuts.

Everton Football Club have disappointed me so many times over the years (been fortunate enough to enjoy a few really boss moments too by the way), but this would be by far the worst ever. The fact that we're going back with our begging bowl just makes it that much worse.

You may be better criticising our useless board - people have been warning about Kenwright and his cronies for years but fans refused to see beyond 'he's a blue" etc etc. Now throw Moshiri into the mix, resulting in disagreements and the chickens are finally coming home to roost. No matter what Allardyce does or doesn't do (if he comes here) the problems at board level will continue until the majority of fans wake up and smell the coffee

I was just trying to paint this appointment in a half decent light. Share your concerns re the upstairs shambles.

See, thats how I think. You just never know.
This all day long, firstly he will rebuild the team ethic and more importantly the work ethic, hard work and organisation will overcome a lot of things in this league, whilst we may not play like Barca I think a team with a good work ethic and organisation will get the fans back on side, lets face it we have hardly played expansive football under Koeman and the patient style preferred by Martinez was far too continental for our tastes,(booing v QPR anyone?) lets not forget most of the teams in the top 6 are fundamentally based on defensive organisation and a good work ethic, that is the basis for being able to play more expansively. Lets see what happens, it might be a surprise

I’ve got a horrible feeling at the end of the season when we look back, we are going to regret indecision rather than bad decision. Look at the amount of time we’ve wasted on this. If it is to be sam get him in ffs. He’s not my choice but what’s the point in dallying for another second? These next two games are massive and we’re going into them with a out of his depth caretaker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back