Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Or I pose to you an alternative theory to this managerial quandry, quite elegantly described below.

"It could also go tits up".

Indeed it could. Like I said, my natural inclination is to always be optimistic. Not in some self help weirdo way, its just is how my brain works.

Why appoint a manager who you openly admit isn't worthy of a full season. There is no logic. This is a disgraceful appointment and I will never support him. We won't have our club back until he has gone. Dark dark days.
Did I appoint him? The point I'm making is save your 20 quid on a protest placard, curtail your boos and get behind the team cuz these gang of sh1thouses need all the support they can get if we want to start getting results! He's getting hired whether we like it or not cuz we are in a relegation scrap, throwing up signs and protesting doesn't change the facts and seemingly you'd rather get relegated than get behind the team cuz you don't like fat Sam (I don't like him either for what it's worth) and want the club to appoint someone else? Not having a go, I just don't get it, if hes the manager just get behind him and the team at least until we are safe. There's literally zero logic in booing them and protesting at this point. If he gets us winning and keeps us up then I don't care who the "he" is that is in charge.

How many of these managers came new to the Prem mid season to a team in a relegation battle on a long run of conceeding at least 2 goals a game and with stats like 'no team has ever conceeded this many goals at this stage and survived in the Prem'? I'm only aware of Silva who seems a great manager but the fact is he ultimately saw his team relegated.
There are no guarantees with any appointment there are only probabilities based on past evidence. The evidence repeatedly shows that Sam is experienced and successful at saving teams in our position. The overseas completely inexperienced candidates, glamourous though they may be, are far more likely fall short.

So we have to only get a manager in who’s pulled teams out of the bottom 3?

So it’s Big Sam or Brian Robson then?

Nonsense.

It’s November - not March and we have money to spend in Jan (and who we buy in Jan will be key - basically as long as we get a striker and a centre half)

It’s this stupid short term thinking that will give Sam 40 million to spend on players that will be completely unsuited to the next manager (when mosh gets bored of the turgid football that he’ll produce and bins Sam off). The same stupid short term thinking that will not bring on any of our youth and the same stupid short term thinking that will completely ensure Barkley, the best player we have produced for a generation, goes for nothing.

... and perhaps worst of all. We’ll have to watch this rubbish for the next 18 months.

I can’t understand how anyone could actually want this to happen.

Did I appoint him? The point I'm making is save your 20 quid on a protest placard, curtail your boos and get behind the team cuz these gang of sh1thouses need all the support they can get if we want to start getting results! He's getting hired whether we like it or not cuz we are in a relegation scrap, throwing up signs and protesting doesn't change the facts and seemingly you'd rather get relegated than get behind the team cuz you don't like fat Sam (I don't like him either for what it's worth) and want the club to appoint someone else? Not having a go, I just don't get it, if hes the manager just get behind him and the team at least until we are safe. There's literally zero logic in booing them and protesting at this point. If he gets us winning and keeps us up then I don't care who the "he" is that is in charge.

He's getting hired because we have a pathetic corrupt board who we should be rallying against to get them out.

He's getting hired because we have a pathetic corrupt board who we should be rallying against to get them out.
I don't disagree with you on that but my point is if you so desire pick a better time to protest cuz in the mean time us Blues need to stick together and behind the team if we've any hope of turning this around as the team are a fragile mess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back