• Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree to a point.

The positive things I can say about Allardyce, he is his own man, will not put up with prima dona's, will get them fit, gets the best out of whatever he has and has a wealth of experience at all levels of football.

is he the right man for Everton? probably not.

Is he the right man for Everton in our current predicament if we cannot get a younger more progressive and forward thinking man in? Then very possibly.

I would take him over Dyche, Moyes or any of the other totally uninspiring managers put forward thus far.

It's Hobson's choice really. I cannot muster any real enthusiasm for Dyche although I'll get behind whoever is appointed.

Giving the job to Dyche because he is not Allardyce isn't any recommendation at all.

I am certainly concerned at what I have been reading about Allardyce, I must admit he simply had not come into my focus to this extent previously. Also concerned that he would have too matey a relationship with Walsh.

The mess that was made of transfers, and left behind by Koeman, it really would take a cock-up of enormous proportions for Allardyce to get it that wrong. But obviously that is not the bar.

My biggest concern is the lack of leadership and responsibility in the squad and the mental fragility. Allardyce would seem more adept at coping with that than Dyche who has no experience of managing players at a higher level.

Whoever gets the job will get my full but qualified support until they deserve to lose it.

Let's face it, it is going to be one of the two unless Silva makes a late run for it. I like him a lot, but he is also a risk.

I'm actually beginning to think that Walsh continuing on in his role is becoming a bigger problem. One that may be exacerabated by Allardyce' appointment.

Ultimately Moshiri and the board are responsible for the "shortlist" we appear to have been left with. I have no doubt at all that we haven't been bold or imaginative enough in whatever process has been adopted. We still do not learn from previous mistakes.

Last edited:

I don't know anymore mate. And whom I want isn't guna happen so I'm going to just sink into a depressive phase. Meh
There may be more scope now than a rush appointment ie panic!
Big sam in my eyes does not play attractive football - Dyche i a steady eddy mid table manager - if we want a big name hopefully we can have more time now?

I'll be gutted if he we appoint him, but like every boss, if he wins games then I'll come to accept him. Get Dyche tho instead.

It's not just because he's corrupt and will bankrupt and upset the club in every way, it's him and dyche are glass ceiling managers.

This used to be " Everton fc " it now stands as no mark fc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back