Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's Hobson's choice really. I cannot muster any real enthusiasm for Dyche although I'll get behind whoever is appointed.

Giving the job to Dyche because he is not Allardyce isn't any recommendation at all.

I am certainly concerned at what I have been reading about Allardyce, I must admit he simply had not come into my focus to this extent previously. Also concerned that he would have too matey a relationship with Walsh.

The mess that was made of transfers, and left behind by Koeman, it really would take a cock-up of enormous proportions for Allardyce to get it that wrong. But obviously that is not the bar.

My biggest concern is the lack of leadership and responsibility in the squad and the mental fragility. Allardyce would seem more adept at coping with that than Dyche who has no experience of managing players at a higher level.

Whoever gets the job will get my full but qualified support until they deserve to lose it.

Let's face it, it is going to be one of the two unless Silva makes a late run for it. I like him a lot, but he is also a risk.

I'm actually beginning to think that Walsh continuing on in his role is becoming a bigger problem. One that may be exacerabated by Allardyce' appointment.

Ultimately Moshiri and the board are responsible for the "shortlist" we appear to have been left with. I have no doubt at all that we haven't been bold or imaginative enough in whatever process has been adopted. We still do not learn from previous mistakes.

I think the point you made about hiring a firm to do it is a very good one.

The fact the axis this appointment is viewed through is Allardyce V Dyche is the problem. There are a world of managers out there, and they are the two names that head our list? It's incredible really.

Both will have an enormous negative impact long term on what we are trying to do. This is particularly true of Allardcye who pretty much every club he's involved with struggle once he leaves. It is not surprise as he reduces everything down to the necessity of the next few games and keeping his loyal entourage of staff happy.

His appointment would be akin to Smith. It would irreparably damage the young talent we have who would be sold on for him to afford seasoned pros.

Just so I'm clear... this would be the Silva we just came back from 0-2 down to beat 3-2 yeah ?
If so, it's a no from me.

One game where his first choice keeper was injured and it changed the game isn't a reflection on his entire ability. At least he'd set us up to play football which would suit our players not hoofball. Maybe I say this because I'm less worried about relegation than I was. Last week I was pushing Dyche. Big Sam isn't qualified for the Everton job for me, in so many ways.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back