Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Said this before but can't help feeling that allardyce is being used as a bogeyman tactic, so that whoever the board do choose produces a sigh of relief that he is not coming....almost prefer Unsworth to stay rather than that horrible corrupt mercenary..

No of course not, but the fact Watford were two goals to the good against a team struggling to score and they blew it was hardly a great audition now was it ?

Meh, it's football, it happens, it will have no bearing on it if they want him and he wants to come.

Personally don't believe it's even on the cards with him only having been at Watford for 5 minutes.

Also have reservations regarding Tuchel, apparently he falls out with lots of his players................I think we have had enough of that for a little while.

Feel kind of similarly about Tuchel myself Ijjy, doesn't really float my boat.

With the win yesterday, I would think the desperate urgency to appoint a new manager is now just urgent.

Personally, I'm not honestly sure who to go with in the long term.

A caretaker till the end of this season, but not BFS might still be the best idea... buys the club time to conduct a thorough, exhaustive and fully researched examination of the potential names.

Win at Palace and the case for the above gets even stronger.

For me this needs sorting ASAP.

If Unsworth is staying, and I wouldn’t advocate this, then say so.
If Tuchel is available get him. As he won’t bel for long.
Heck if it’s Sam until the end of the season, say so and get it done.

Uncertainties help nobody.

Permission to bypass the swear filter. That is an absolute disgrace if true. Mirallas and Schneiderlin need to wake up and realise how lucky they are to be were they are and that they need to start applying themselves accordingly. I am literally flabbergasted.

Just read on another forum what is exactly supposed to have happened.

Absolute bell ends the pair of them and it really rams home how detached footballers are from the real world.

I think the point you made about hiring a firm to do it is a very good one.

The fact the axis this appointment is viewed through is Allardyce V Dyche is the problem. There are a world of managers out there, and they are the two names that head our list? It's incredible really.

Both will have an enormous negative impact long term on what we are trying to do. This is particularly true of Allardcye who pretty much every club he's involved with struggle once he leaves. It is not surprise as he reduces everything down to the necessity of the next few games and keeping his loyal entourage of staff happy.

His appointment would be akin to Smith. It would irreparably damage the young talent we have who would be sold on for him to afford seasoned pros.

My biggest and emerging concern with Allardyce now, is, as I've mentioned, the nature of his relationship with Walsh.

Walsh's role is up in the air but all the evidence suggests whatever he has been contributing has failed badly.

If he were to become just a nodding approver to whatever Allardyce suggested, his (Walsh) role is completely redundant, and as you suggest, it leads to much bigger problems.

I don't buy into the idea that a manager of a football club has to get his way with everything, all the time, and that there is automatic trouble if this isn't the case. If we had a competent board and DoF in place, I would be reasonably confident that there would be enough checks and balances to limit Allardyce' excesses.

You can have a clear line of command at a club whilst maintaining a level of responsibility and maturity between highly paid professionals to ensure that a long-term strategy is adopted and maintained, both in good times and bad. There must be a healthy tension between all for plans to succeed, to avoid groupthink and complacency developing.

We are a case study of what happens when none of this is in place, Allardyce or not.

Silva would be the exciting appointment but IMO he's still unproven.

Unproven????

Had a look on Wikipedia this morning....

Has a great record with the clubs he has managed.

* 1st Club ESTORIL Highest ever finish in Portuguese league 4th. Also first club to beat Porto at home since 2008.
* 2nd Club SPORTING Won first piece of silverware since 2008.
* 3rd Club OLYMPIAKOS Set a 21st century European record of 17 consecutive wins. Also winning 3-2 at Arsenal in the Champions league.
* 4th Club HULL Joined when they were adrift at the bottom of the table and almost achieved the impossible of safety with wins over the likes of Liverpool and a great cup run including a 2-1 victory over Man Utd.
*5th Club WATFORD Signed a 2yr contract in May 2017 and has made an impressive start so far. Pacey, well organised, tactically astute with champions league experience, something Jabba the hutt and Dyche don't have. And let's be honest if he hadn't lost his goalkeeper and center back yesterday we wouldn't have come back from 2-0 down.

So who do you prefer out of these three?

Allardyce
Dyche
Silver

For me this needs sorting ASAP.

If Unsworth is staying, and I wouldn’t advocate this, then say so.
If Tuchel is available get him. As he won’t bel for long.
Heck if it’s Sam until the end of the season, say so and get it done.

Uncertainties help nobody.

The players in particular.

Who is going to pay much attention to Unsworth if they think he isn't going to even be there in 2 weeks?

So what happened?

From elsewhere, I am just copying and pasting!
This is what has happened.

Everton have a thing in place where kids who get injured while at Everton and can't play are given a fast track to get into coaching. Unsworth as part of his ethos allows these kids to take 20 minutes or so of training a day. He does this to give them a chance and its a great boost for them.

Anyway he does this on Saturday morning and rather than listen to the kids Kevin and Morgan arse about. This leads to them being split up in training into two teams. Instead of taking part kevin and morgan decide to do the soccer am 'crossbar challenge'. When pulled up on this by duncan he tells them you either respect the club or fcukoff. At this morgan tells him to stick it as does mirallas who 'won't be told what to do by anyone'- he was like this with moyes martinez and Koeman. He also dumps his bib. they are then told to turn up anyway tomorrow for the game- neither does. Neither will play again for Everton.

This is all first hand. Make of it what you will but that is what happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back