Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm worried about the type of coaches we are getting in with the managers that we appoint.

More importantly almost than the manager, are the coaches at U23 and first team level. In general, I really like the idea of former players in the position, if they are the type who would 'die for the club' but only if they are high quality.

I used to like Chris Woods, i thought we had a good coach in Steve Round a few years ago, and maybe Erwin Koeman was a good coach, but with limited influence, but I really am underwhelmed by the type of people Sam Allardyce would bring in - Shakespeare and Margetson?!!

And Dyche, if he is more a coach than a manager, and Tuchel too - that's better. I think we need a coach, especially one for our young players, and not someone who just picks the teams.

Moreover, I'm really bothered by this idea that some managers just don't 'fancy' certain players. You have to just suck it up and play good players even if you don't like them personally. I'm talking abou Vlasic under Unsworth, Lookman under Koeman, for instance - why would you not play hardworking talented young players unless you just dont like them?

On the other side of the coin, they also shouldn't play favourites, which is what Im' kind of worried about in Lennon, Jags, Williams and maybe Rooney.

I would want any new manager to definitely not dismantle the squad just for the sake of it, but be ruthless about MIrallas, Schneiderlin, Williams (on quality and effort and attitude) and Jags, BAines and Rooney (on fitness and 'managing their body') and to follow the club philosophy and investment on yhounger players that we have already spent big on, while giving a chance to Klassen, Lookman, Sandro, Vlasic, DCL, Sigurdsson to take their time in improving.

Surely Steve Walsh is supposed to have an overview of things and long-term development of the squad, and it's 100% his failing if people like Vlasic, Lookman are not being developed properly - don't forget also Callum Connolly, Dowell, Galloway and Browning - I don't know to be honest if they're good enough, but they must have a view on them which they should follow with conviction.

I'm worried more about the running of the club than the management of the team = we need quality coaching and an overarching philosophy with what we hsould be doing for younger and older players

The posties I see every day all seem happy.

Blimey, what thread am I in?

Oh. Er, not BFS. Today anyrate.

Haha, joined the week before all the industrial action and unpaid walk outs started during 2007 mate so was a pita and buggered up my pay massively

Did get a few quality sights of certain woman deciding underwear and clothing in general was optional when collecting parcels though, including one in a baby doll who for some reason insisted on collecting her mail on the floor whenever i delivered a parcel - with back to me obviously ;)

why mate?

article-2213036-1559D4A9000005DC-635_634x426.jpg

They'd be able to run 10 miles in 4 minutes by the end of the season.

I'm worried about the type of coaches we are getting in with the managers that we appoint.

More importantly almost than the manager, are the coaches at U23 and first team level. In general, I really like the idea of former players in the position, if they are the type who would 'die for the club' but only if they are high quality.

I used to like Chris Woods, i thought we had a good coach in Steve Round a few years ago, and maybe Erwin Koeman was a good coach, but with limited influence, but I really am underwhelmed by the type of people Sam Allardyce would bring in - Shakespeare and Margetson?!!

And Dyche, if he is more a coach than a manager, and Tuchel too - that's better. I think we need a coach, especially one for our young players, and not someone who just picks the teams.

Moreover, I'm really bothered by this idea that some managers just don't 'fancy' certain players. You have to just suck it up and play good players even if you don't like them personally. I'm talking abou Vlasic under Unsworth, Lookman under Koeman, for instance - why would you not play hardworking talented young players unless you just dont like them?

On the other side of the coin, they also shouldn't play favourites, which is what Im' kind of worried about in Lennon, Jags, Williams and maybe Rooney.

I would want any new manager to definitely not dismantle the squad just for the sake of it, but be ruthless about MIrallas, Schneiderlin, Williams (on quality and effort and attitude) and Jags, BAines and Rooney (on fitness and 'managing their body') and to follow the club philosophy and investment on yhounger players that we have already spent big on, while giving a chance to Klassen, Lookman, Sandro, Vlasic, DCL, Sigurdsson to take their time in improving.

Surely Steve Walsh is supposed to have an overview of things and long-term development of the squad, and it's 100% his failing if people like Vlasic, Lookman are not being developed properly - don't forget also Callum Connolly, Dowell, Galloway and Browning - I don't know to be honest if they're good enough, but they must have a view on them which they should follow with conviction.

I'm worried more about the running of the club than the management of the team = we need quality coaching and an overarching philosophy with what we hsould be doing for younger and older players

I think Walsh is kinda rubbish if we're being honest.

Haha, joined the week before all the industrial action and unpaid walk outs started during 2007 mate so was a pita and buggered up my pay massively

Did get a few quality sights of certain woman deciding underwear and clothing in general was optional when collecting parcels though, including one in a baby doll who for some reason insisted on collecting her mail on the floor whenever i delivered a parcel - with back to me obviously ;)

Generally see more horrors than hotties!

We aint exactly rushing this are we?

Oh God mate, i have blanked out the horrors - or rather as i get older their rating moves slowly higher in my memory ;)

and Marco Silva eh, i'd have him as ONM

At risk of a warning, the daily visit to Phoenix Way, (high odd numbers), is usually a pleasant diversion. Seems Bulgaria have shifted their hotties over to there en bloc.

Silva? Wouldnt mind.

I initially thought that Dyche would walk over hot coals to Goodison but I tend to agree with you here and am not so sure now. If this is correct though, it says an awful lot about us, and equally so, of him. I really don't want anyone on a short-term contract, or anyone who wasn't sufficiently enthused about the job. You can express concerns during negotiations, and I would welcome that from a candidate, but we really need someone to come in and embrace the job, and the club. Particularly after Koeman's off-hand approach. I don't think that suits us at all as a club.

It's probably unfair on Dyche, but I find him completely grey and uninspiring. On a good run at Burnley and deserves respect but essentially if he gets it its due to the fact that nobody else that we wanted, wanted the job.

I think it's perfectly reasonable for Dyche to hold off and consider the long term viability of the project. This season he gets a free hit but next season if he's not in the top half its unlikely to be enough. Maybe he feels he can get Burnley into the top 8 this season and maybe get an even bigger job next season, or strengthen his position for negotiation?

I like the fact Dyche has stayed at a club for 5-6 years and built them up. I think that's the sort of manager we need ideally. I also believe we have got a bit ahead of ourselves with all sorts of comments from the ownership about what we could or couldn't do.

Had we have given Motes funding at a particular moment there's every chance success may have followed. It may at times have been ugly but who knows.

Silva looks a terrific Young managed but he has still quite a small track record. I mean for all of this great job he's done with Watford they are 4 points above us having had no UEFA cup to worry about.

I was talking about this to my journo mate late last week. He thinks Big Sam is a 'candidate filler' and has no chance of landing the job.

I would take Silva right now. He ticks all the boxes for me. If it is true that he is Moshiris preferred option then it could very well be him.

I think it's perfectly reasonable for Dyche to hold off and consider the long term viability of the project. This season he gets a free hit but next season if he's not in the top half its unlikely to be enough. Maybe he feels he can get Burnley into the top 8 this season and maybe get an even bigger job next season, or strengthen his position for negotiation?

I like the fact Dyche has stayed at a club for 5-6 years and built them up. I think that's the sort of manager we need ideally. I also believe we have got a bit ahead of ourselves with all sorts of comments from the ownership about what we could or couldn't do.

Had we have given Motes funding at a particular moment there's every chance success may have followed. It may at times have been ugly but who knows.

Silva looks a terrific Young managed but he has still quite a small track record. I mean for all of this great job he's done with Watford they are 4 points above us having had no UEFA cup to worry about.

Dyce will never be offered a bigger job than Everton mate, none of the 'top 6' clubs would touch him with a bargepole

Emanalo is leaving Chelski as DoF? Could be a win double here, new manager and a new DoF? Maybe Ancelotti has insisted he will only come her is Emanalo is with him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back