Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Big Sam till the end of the season with someone new starting a fresh at the beginning of next season seems the best idea to me

Allardyce will steady things and won't be arsed that he's only got it for a brief period. He'll take his money, right the ship and then the new guy can take over with a clean slate
What new guy though? If we haven't got a next permanent manager in our sights right now, I don't think we've got a next permanent manager lined up full stop.

Big Sam till the end of the season with someone new starting a fresh at the beginning of next season seems the best idea to me

Allardyce will steady things and won't be arsed that he's only got it for a brief period. He'll take his money, right the ship and then the new guy can take over with a clean slate

What is it with people even remotely thinking about this corrupt effer being near us. Ffs I give up

I thought moon head was going to get us top 4. So my opinions on incoming managers is irrelevant.

If big sam comes in then it will only be till the end of the season. Season is ruined anyway. As long as we stay up and start fresh in the summer then fair enough.

What new guy though? If we haven't got a next permanent manager in our sights right now, I don't think we've got a next permanent manager lined up full stop.

Whichever new guy we want to go for

I mean, we wouldn't even need to appoint him until May/June. Plenty of time to find someone. In the meantime, Big Sam can come in, give the players a kick up the arse, sort things out and then the new manager has less to contend with when he takes office

It's a relationship of convenience

I don't want him as full time manager going forward, but on a temporary basis just to get us to safety I'm fine with it

He can keep our heads above water, get paid, do one and then we can start fresh next season

It makes perfect sense

We're in 15th with an easy run of games coming up.

Why worry about 'getting safe', it's cowardly unambitious nonsense.

I don't want him as full time manager going forward, but on a temporary basis just to get us to safety I'm fine with it

He can keep our heads above water, get paid, do one and then we can start fresh next season

It makes perfect sense

No Michael. Every team he has managed has gone down within a couple of seasons. We are 15th. We are in trouble yes. But we aren't doomed.

Whichever new guy we want to go for

I mean, we wouldn't even need to appoint him until May/June. Plenty of time to find someone. In the meantime, Big Sam can come in, give the players a kick up the arse, sort things out and then the new manager has less to contend with when he takes office
Whilst I agree with the logic, I can't help thinking appointing him will do untold damage to fans relationship with the club..not to mention the laughing stock we'll become.
Of course, relegataion would be unthinkable, but is he the only one out there?

We're in 15th with an easy run of games coming up.

Why worry about 'getting safe', it's cowardly unambitious nonsense.

We're not out of this yet, not by a long shot

If not for a Cleverley missed penalty we'd have a measly 9 points right now

This is a survival season, yesterday changed nothing

The adult thing to do is to accept it and confront it, not stick your head in the sand. That's the cowards option

No Michael. Every team he has managed has gone down within a couple of seasons. We are 15th. We are in trouble yes. But we aren't doomed.

This is different

We'd be bringing him under a clear understanding that he was there to do a quick job then jog on

He'd have no time to establish a culture at the club. He'd be in and out quickly and then we could get a new manager in the summer who could kick us on

It makes perfect sense

So come January if we were deep in the brown stuff woukd you be happy to hand him 100m to spend knowing that the next manager may not want the type of player he buys.

If we have someone in mind but they are not available until the end of the season ( say Loew) it makes sense to make a short term appointment if that guarantees stability until the new appointment.

In that scenario I guess the question is does appointing Allardyce amount to maintaining Premier league status.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back