• Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
But we didn't. We won the game.

We won 2 in 12 last season and got into Europe.

We'e won 3 in 11 this season and it is a "survival season" lol lol hyperbolic dross
We are only a couple of points off the top half.

Basically anyone who advocates putting a man as corrupt and bad a manager as Allardyce in for six months is a cowardly weakling who fundamentally doesn't understand Everton.

And anyone who thinks we're safe just because of who we are is a fair weather fool with their heads in the sand

Just being Everton doesn't guarantee us survival, we could ask Leeds and Aston Villa about that one

We've got no pace, an ageing defence, players allegedly storming out of training and a mere 11 points

Yesterday didn't end the crisis, it was a mere respite from it

Written by a Kopite.

Same Hughes that wrote this book?

simon_hughes_white_suits_signed_book.jpg

No Michael. Every team he has managed has gone down within a couple of seasons. We are 15th. We are in trouble yes. But we aren't doomed.
They went down after he left.Do you think Sunderland would have gone down if they'd kept him and not appointed Moyes?

What sort of way is that to word communications?

I'm astounded at how ham fisted this club are.

"We're looking at a top European manager...and Allardyce will do if we cant get him."

It's utterly laughable.

The statement really should just be:

"A decision on the vacant managerial position at the club is not imminent. The club have drawn up a short list of possible candidates and we hope to appoint a new manager in the coming days."

Who on earth is writing the nonsense they put out?
To be fair Dave, it's not come direct from the club. That's Sky's version of what they think is happening mate.

Because we’ve found winning so easy this season...no actually....this year.

We should be using this break to build confidence and restore belief. Not appoint Allardyce and basically tell the squad you're relegation contenders.

We actually had a worse run than 3 wins in 11 last year. And came comfortably 7th. Now I still think we'll struggle but I see a finish of about 45 points and 12th.

And anyone who thinks we're safe just because of who we are is a fair weather fool with their heads in the sand

Just being Everton doesn't guarantee us survival, we could ask Leeds and Aston Villa about that one

We've got no pace, an ageing defence, players allegedly storming out of training and a mere 11 points

"Because of who we are".

No, we will get safe as we've come through a tough run of games and now have two weeks of cool heads to pick a new boss.

Anyone wetting themselves like you should probably think about that.

This discussion sums up the current quandary facing Moshiri and Kenwright. Play safe and more or less ensure survival by employing a yard dog, or go for a more progressive appointment now rather than in the summer and potentially risk our survival if it goes pear.

The stadium deal makes the pragmatic option much more likely than it would be at this point in the season if we were already in it.

So I sort of agree with both @orly and @Mikey_Fitzgerald tbh.

So the only one who can save us is Big Sam?I agree we aren't out of trouble by a long chalk the squad is unbalanced and lacks organisation. But why does it have to be Sam he's not the only one who can save us? He plays caveman footy, that won't play to our strengths. He would discard our youngsters which are the main bright spot this season and would leave us in a mess afterwards. Look at the shambles Sunderland and West ham are in now?!Then there's his dodgy dealings. Sorry I never want him as Everton manager.

I’ve no problem with Allardyce I’d prefer him over Dyche.

My reasoning is this:

It’s clear the market is limited at the moment and a long term appointment for what’s available feels wrong and to be frank risky.

He has a track record of getting the best out of what’s available.

Premier League expiernce, never been relegated.

He knows how to balance a squad both at the moment and pragmatic purchases in January. He has an eye for a The right player and getting a blend.

An Allerdyce short term appointment, also maximisises and enables the next choice after him being better.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back