Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The message it sends to the players is "Look how crap you've been, we've had to bring in Big Sam. And if you don't pull your socks up then we might even have to keep him"

If that doesn't light a fire under their arses then nothing will

Except you said to bring him in on a short term contract, so your saying the club panics the players by bringing in a manager who they dont want so they play well so he leaves, alternatively ofc they play crap the club goes down and they all leave anyway, great thinking mate

Allardyce is the biggest myth out there, every club he has been at has gotten worse after he left than before he arrived, Newcastle actually where wrecked by him and Walsh within 6 months

Except you said to bring him in on a short term contract, so your saying the club panics the players by bringing in a manager who they dont want so they play well so he leaves, alternatively ofc they play crap the club goes down and they all leave anyway, great thinking mate

Allardyce is the biggest myth out there, every club he has been at has gotten worse after he left than before he arrived, Newcastle actually where wrecked by him and Walsh within 6 months
Or maybe he takes over poor clubs, who were about to go down, keeps them up and then the inevitable actually occurred when he left?

The clubs he has managed as a rule have all been very very poor outfits indeed, from boardroom to pitch.

He kept Sunderland and Palace up ffs and they were as bad when he arrived, as they are now. To say he wrecks teams is a joke.

I honestly do.

I think the squad Koeman's left is awful that could be overtaken by Palace or West Ham soon with their new managers.

Too old, not able to play football, couple of bad eggs, and youth that need helping in the senior team. Oh and no striker.

I disagree.

They just need some guidance and will be bolstered by Coleman, Bolasie, Barkley back soon. Play Niasse if he is our only striker until january as at least he will run his knackers off.

Gana, Gylfi, Keane, etc haven't become bad players overnight, they are just feeling the effects of the mess the club fell into after Koeman tried putting square pegs into round holes.

Get Lookman involved, use DCL off the bench.

Unsworth had a bit of a mare in truth, he only really got out of trouble yesterday as it was one of those barmy games. His stance on leaving Vlasic / Sandro and Klaassen out as a statement is ridiculous as well, I am hoping at least two of those will stay at the club as they are young and could have bright futures.

So he's got some good points then.....?

Allardyce gets us nowhere, including up the table. Smacks of deject desperation.

I'd be behind both Ancelotti and Tuchel but those are summer moves. Cannot see any reason why Unsworth should not be given the job. Plain to see from the post-match interviews, players are behind him. He knows well the youth coming into the side and while I'm not foolish enough to take the Watford match as anything other than it's really the first time this season that Ebepton have put in a full shift, excluding maybe away at City.

Agree with Neiler, close the bulkheads and rig for torpedoes. War it is.

Or maybe he takes over poor clubs, who were about to go down, keeps them up and then the inevitable actually occurred when he left?

The clubs he has managed as a rule have all been very very poor outfits indeed, from boardroom to pitch.

He kept Sunderland and Palace up ffs and they were as bad when he arrived, as they are now. To say he wrecks teams is a joke.

Steve Bruce, Gus Poyet and Paolo Di Canio also kept Sunderland up mate, and the managers after them did the same, the one after Allardyce took them down

Pullis, Warnock and Pardew all kept Palace up mate, if they go down this season it's another who goes down the year after Fat Sam leaves.

Steve Bruce, Gus Poyet and Paolo Di Canio also kept Sunderland up mate, and the managers after them did the same, the one after Allardyce took them down

Pullis, Warnock and Pardew all kept Palace up mate, if they go down this season it's another who goes down the year after Fat Sam leaves.
No mate, you are not right when you say Palace and Sunderland under the above managers were on the same level as when Allardyce took over. When Allardyce turned up they were 2 of the worst teams I have ever seen at Prem level, probably in the bottom 5 all time along with Villa and Derby - far far worse than the average/mediocre sides Bruce, Poyet and Di Canio et al had.

None of us really want Sam.

But some of us are thinking that he really is a safe bet in the mess we have been in, if of course we cannot get the target we are really after of course.
Exactly the way I think. Guarantees staying up and until we equalised yesterday we were still in the relegation zone looking doomed. Sadly that one win wasn't backed up with a fantastic performance so the league table doesn't speak the truth....yet.

I personally think it's the risk aspect. I wanted tuchel when moyes went and still do now. Yes I would take sam for the job he would be doing in keeping us up because we are in a complete mess win or not yesterday. That isn't for ambition, it's for realism of our situation. Would I be made up if tuchel came in? Absolutely, to me that is an exciting appointment. There is just that risk that any new manager can't get this shocking assembled squad into one to regularly get points at least until January aka villa 2 years ago under garde which then makes the situation worse.

So if me or anyone else is advocating allardyce getting the job it isn't because he is a manager we want, it's because it's a manager we need. Until we stop leaking goals then we are still going down, you can't expect us to score 3 every game to stand a chance. That's the realism of it, but if by some chance we got someone not on everyone's shortlist now then that hopefully would lift the club and fan base alone.

Sadly it seems there won't be ambition again at the club and I personally don't think the search has gone beyond dyche and allardyce if I am being honest. The bigger concern though is whether they are inspired choices or not, two clubs are going to sack and replace managers in the same space of time we are dragging our heels

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back