Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Big Sam until the end of the season is about as good as we can hope for. Say what you want about him, he knows how to organise and will keep us mid table easily.

No mate, you are not right when you say Palace and Sunderland under the above managers were on the same level as when Allardyce took over. When Allardyce turned up they were 2 of the worst teams I have ever seen at Prem level, probably in the bottom 5 all time along with Villa and Derby - far far worse than the average/mediocre sides Bruce, Poyet and Di Canio et al had.

Palace where in 17th when they hired Allardyce, they finished in 17th mate, massive improvement really. Sunderland where appalling with him and without him

My comment could refer to whoever takes over.

Saying we’re two wins off the top half feels a bit mental when we’ve won 1 game in 6.
Keep going like that those 2 wins will take 12 games.

Math.

2 wins in 12 - same run we went on last season and finished in Europe

I disagree.

They just need some guidance and will be bolstered by Coleman, Bolasie, Barkley back soon. Play Niasse if he is our only striker until january as at least he will run his knackers off.

Gana, Gylfi, Keane, etc haven't become bad players overnight, they are just feeling the effects of the mess the club fell into after Koeman tried putting square pegs into round holes.

Get Lookman involved, use DCL off the bench.

Unsworth had a bit of a mare in truth, he only really got out of trouble yesterday as it was one of those barmy games. His stance on leaving Vlasic / Sandro and Klaassen out as a statement is ridiculous as well, I am hoping at least two of those will stay at the club as they are young and could have bright futures.

Barkley won't be back. Bolasie and Coleman might not be the same players and won't be fully fit till near the end of the season.

The main core of the back 4 are old, there's little quality cover. The midfield is disjointed and lacking creativity. The attack isn't going to scare anyone either.

Im not bothered about what Unsworth has done. He's a stop gap. I'm going off what I've seen and I think it's really bad or at least very average. It doesnt have a spine. It doesn't have a player with an xfactor.

Also, it's not graced with intelligence or a number of players that can play passing football.

Overall, it doesn't look like £200mill has been spent on it. And to me it needs an honest manager to strip it back and make it simple, that plays the percentages and find it's key attribute.

It's a rebuild job that needs a slap to sort itself out.

Big Sam in for two seasons would do that. Then reassess.

Evening Toffees.

Jack-Nicholson-Crying.gif

Anyone who wants Allardyce has quite frankly gone stupid. There’s no guarantees in football so no guarantee he’d keep us up anyway. I suspect this statement has been made to pressurise managers already in clubs to make a decision. If we were getting Allardyce we’d have signed him already

The board really is terrified of being relegated, I cannot believe Big Sam is being touted for Everton

All this talk about new eras, really was a load of BS.It's the same old same old at Everton.Sell to buy and just be contented, with collecting the television rights money, and merely staying in the premiership.Were only four points behind Brighton in 8th place.We should be looking up the table, not down.Everton is a massive club being run, by an unambitious small minded and small thinking board.Im kind of peed off that Steve Walsh is apparently, having a major say in who the next manager will be as well.Steve Walsh should have been fired from his position, along with Koeman imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back