• Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've said numerous times on here that style doesn't bother me

I want Everton to win football matches

If Big Sam can do that from now until the end of the season then fine

I don't care if we win every game 1-0 by lumping it into the box, especially if it's just for a short term basis. I honestly don't

If Everton win then I'm happy

Do I want Big Sam to be our manager long term for years to come? No

Am I even particularly enthused about him as a manager? No

Will I put up with him for 6 months so long as he's getting results? Yes

You know what Mikey, you’re spot on

Sweet. Not sure if you're serious though. I was.

Watch Stranger Things on Netflix. It actually reminds of Everton in a way.

Very true. A continual poo storm followed by a very short period of calm, but all of them too blind to realise there is always another problem lurking round the corner.

Give Unsy more time I say. If anything there might be more options on the table if we wait a bit longer. It's not crisis point yet imo.

Why give him more time?
Have you seen the shambles of the team selection he has made in the last four games, culminating in playing Rooney and Siggurdson as wingers on Sunday?
Might be a nice fella, might be one of us (what does that mean?).............but completely out of his depth managing a top club in a top league.
I can't for the life of me see what he has done to prove to people he's capable.
The last four games have been shocking, yes we won on Sunday but could have been well and truly stuffed

You know what Mikey, you’re spot on

I take no joy in it either mate

I'm the man who wants Joachim Loew FFS. He and Sam are polar opposites, but Loew isn't going to give up the freaking Germany job for a team in our state of disarray

Right now we're slogging through a survival season and sleepwalking to relegation. We need something drastic

Again though, I'll be fuming if we sign him to some sort of 2-3 year contract

6 months at most, or the board has officially lost its mind

I don't care if we win every game 1-0 by lumping it into the box, especially if it's just for a short term basis. I honestly don't

Agreed. With a couple of caveats...

If he's crap then we all knew it and down we go.

If he's ace (miracles do happen) we might end up keeping him!!

While I agree with the pretence of putting up with someone if they are getting results.

Big Sams win percentage isn’t particularly good or over long term overly successful barring the odd year at Bolton.

Over a short period he gets a few results but still loses more then he wins and draws...

So no, to me it’s not acceptable to put up with someone like that - on all levels the man is a fraud.

Agreed. With a couple of caveats...

If he's crap then we all knew it and down we go.

If he's ace (miracles do happen) we might end up keeping him!!

He could win every game and I'd still want him gone after 6 months

After the fire brigade sort out your chip pan inferno you don't offer to let them move in with you (Bit of a strained analogy, but work with me here)

I take no joy in it either mate

I'm the man who wants Joachim Loew FFS. He and Sam are polar opposites, but Loew isn't going to give up the freaking Germany job for a team in our state of disarray

Right now we're slogging through a survival season and sleepwalking to relegation. We need something drastic

Again though, I'll be fuming if we sign him to some sort of 2-3 year contract

6 months at most, or the board has officially lost its mind

Problem is though mike, you can't view him in that way, at every club he has been at - there has been a mess left behind that has proven hard to clean up at, yes we'd stay up (we will frankly with a huge amount of managers - he isn't the only saviour etc) but long and short term it would set us back and leave us with a lot of additional problems which would make us less attractive the next time we look at brining one in.

A LOT of damage can be done by the wrong man in just 6 months, enough time to wreck some players here already, enough time to bring in 5-6 players short term to do a job for him this season which we are then stuck with (that problem killed Sunderland last season) when all his signings basically gave 5-6 months and then next season where huge problems for them, same thing happened with about a dozen players brought in short term at Newcastle which saw them lumbered with huge wages, players not performing annd ultimately hurt them badly long term.

I agree with you my pragmatic friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back