Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If it is sam till the end of the season. Id think he would be allowed money for a striker. Steady the ship then see who is available. No point rushing in for someone now just because they are out of work

This is true
Tuchel, Dyche, Silva and even Unsworth have at least one thing in their favour though, they are NOT Sam Allardyce

I'm not convinced tuchel is likely. He could be waiting for bayern in the summer. Even arsenal may come to their senses and jib wenger. He'd be a good fit there.

It wont be Allardyce. I cant believe the amount of mugs being separated from their money: odds of 1/7. Ha Ha. Bookies must pissing themselves.
What makes you so certain he wont be appointed Dave, 1/7 across the boards now. I know they get these things wrong but not usually for this length of time and continuing to shorten.

Any manager with an ounce of experience and tactical know-how could have our squad beating/ getting results against most of the teams in the league.

We’re not yet at the point of employing a ‘firefighting manager’ IMO.

What makes you so certain he wont be appointed Dave, 1/7 across the boards now. I know they get these things wrong but not usually for this length of time and continuing to shorten.

West Ham got Moyes boxed within a matter of days. Allardyce, like Moyes is a 'free agent' per se. If it is Allardyce or if we want Allardyce so much dont you think he'd already be Everton Manager?

Problem is though mike, you can't view him in that way, at every club he has been at - there has been a mess left behind that has proven hard to clean up at, yes we'd stay up (we will frankly with a huge amount of managers - he isn't the only saviour etc) but long and short term it would set us back and leave us with a lot of additional problems which would make us less attractive the next time we look at brining one in.

A LOT of damage can be done by the wrong man in just 6 months, enough time to wreck some players here already, enough time to bring in 5-6 players short term to do a job for him this season which we are then stuck with (that problem killed Sunderland last season) when all his signings basically gave 5-6 months and then next season where huge problems for them, same thing happened with about a dozen players brought in short term at Newcastle which saw them lumbered with huge wages, players not performing annd ultimately hurt them badly long term.
The difference now is Sam would only be head coach not club manager. He won't get control over transfers it will stay the same with Walsh (could be a worry). He won't get the chance to damage the club. He could cause trouble for the first team but that is in trouble now anyway. Also I have a feeling he is the only one interested in the job at this stage of the season.
Dyche will want to see where this season takes Burnley, same with Silva and Watford. Tuchel is waiting on the Bayern decision and Ancellotti is taking time out. Keeping Unsworth doesn't really look like an option but he could still be involved with Sam as I think Sam would bow to our terms and join the team already there rather than bring in his own. Obviously he'd bring some but not the 15 that's been quoted.

West Ham got Moyes boxed within a matter of days. Allardyce, like Moyes is a 'free agent' per se. If it is Allardyce or if we want Allardyce so much dont you think he'd already be Everton Manager?

I think there are a couple of differences , firstly there is a compensation issue with palace . The Everton situation and plans for a manager has probably changed more than once since Koeman left . Moyes would take any premier league job on offer I think Sam doesn’t have to , he can wait and he’ll get offers so he can negotiate from a position of relative strength, Moyes will have bitten West Ham’s hand off for that six month deal .

The difference now is Sam would only be head coach not club manager. He won't get control over transfers it will stay the same with Walsh (could be a worry). He won't get the chance to damage the club. He could cause trouble for the first team but that is in trouble now anyway. Also I have a feeling he is the only one interested in the job at this stage of the season.
Dyche will want to see where this season takes Burnley, same with Silva and Watford. Tuchel is waiting on the Bayern decision and Ancellotti is taking time out. Keeping Unsworth doesn't really look like an option but he could still be involved with Sam as I think Sam would bow to our terms and join the team already there rather than bring in his own. Obviously he'd bring some but not the 15 that's been quoted.
Agree I think he's the only viable candidate no one else actively wants it.

I've said numerous times on here that style doesn't bother me

I want Everton to win football matches

If Big Sam can do that from now until the end of the season then fine

I don't care if we win every game 1-0 by lumping it into the box, especially if it's just for a short term basis. I honestly don't

If Everton win then I'm happy

Do I want Big Sam to be our manager long term for years to come? No

Am I even particularly enthused about him as a manager? No

Will I put up with him for 6 months so long as he's getting results? Yes

I suppose I meant a different view on style, profile would have been better.

Like you I'm not overly concerned at the method of football. But you should want certain qualities of a manager to be successful here. Central to this needs to be a manager who can develop younger players.

I kind of get the 6 month Allardyce thing. My counter would be the enormous damage he could do to te squad, and how we are perceived in that wider football circles.

I also think it's unlikely he's here for just 6 months unless we have to fork out an enormous fee to pay him off. All to get a manager in to finish 17th or above for a side who's currently 15th with a favourable set of fixtures.

The options are so poor that the corrupt, greedy Allardyce might be the only realistic, available manager that will guarantee results improve, probably on a short-term deal. The thought of him forming part of the illustrious history of Everton makes my blood boil but relegation would be much, much worse.

Only Everton could announce (when it finally comes, fingers crossed) a new stadium on the Waterfront, only to get relegated within the space of 6 months, almost certainly threatening the finance model.

The likes of Dyche and Silva would have a hell of a job improving things quickly as there just appears to be no balance to the squad, no confidence, no obvious formation or style of play. Tuchel looks great on paper but with no previous in the PL, would still represent a major gamble. We don't want to be going into January desperately looking for reinforcements to get us out of a mess - we'll get held to ransom. We need to be mid-table within touching distance of the top 7 or 8.

Best manager for me is Rafael Benitez but he is probably out of reach - forget the Kopite links. He is the stand out candidate - trophy winner / knows the league / has managed big players and personalities / gets lucky at crucial times like Mourinho / knows the culture of the city and what Everton fans demand / spends money well. Highly unlikely but if I was FM or BK, I would be asking the question of his agent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back