Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
What makes you so certain he wont be appointed Dave, 1/7 across the boards now. I know they get these things wrong but not usually for this length of time and continuing to shorten.

The odds continue to shorten as the bookies look to mitigate their losses; not because they know what's going on. They have no more knowledge than any one on this forum; but they'll happily profit on this collective cluelessness.

You can affect the price of a manager market by putting a £20 bet on. Every time the bookies take another bet (given that at 1/7 someone is going to be sticking £50+ to make any margin) they'll just cut the price again. If they knew who was to be appointed they'd close the book so they couldn't lose any more money.

In turn everyone automatically assumes that Allardyce is happening all based on the same press stories. Pay no heed to markets in relation to managerial appointments.

Anyway....all be be revealed this morning.

Everton’s official PR man, Jimbo, has said Sam will be on his programme this morning to “update us on the Everton manager situation”.

It’s all good ;)

Wtg​
100% this ^ for me. Sums up the issue completely.

I also agree about Benitez, whether he'd take it or not is a different matter as he still has hopes of returning to the pit at some point (post FSG as they wouldn't consider it), and a move to us would obviously scupper that dream.

There is no doubt he is a manger that gets results but don';t think he works with a DOF. Then the whole structure started get ripped up after 18 months.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back