Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Best manager for me is Rafael Benitez but he is probably out of reach - forget the Kopite links. He is the stand out candidate - trophy winner / knows the league / has managed big players and personalities / gets lucky at crucial times like Mourinho / knows the culture of the city and what Everton fans demand / spends money well. Highly unlikely but if I was FM & BK, I would be asking the question of his agent.

Does he? Thought that was one of the main reasons things went wrong at Liverpool (in the 2 out of 4 seasons he finished below us) was he kept signing unsuitable players.

I suppose I meant a different view on style, profile would have been better.

Like you I'm not overly concerned at the method of football. But you should want certain qualities of a manager to be successful here. Central to this needs to be a manager who can develop younger players.

I kind of get the 6 month Allardyce thing. My counter would be the enormous damage he could do to te squad, and how we are perceived in that wider football circles.

I also think it's unlikely he's here for just 6 months unless we have to fork out an enormous fee to pay him off. All to get a manager in to finish 17th or above for a side who's currently 15th with a favourable set of fixtures.

We would just need to offer him a short term contract, so that it would end after 6 months, hence we wouldn't have to pay him off. His deal would just end naturally and we'd bring in someone else

If he doesn't want the short term deal then we look elsewhere. He'll want the money, so he'll agree to it

And I'm highly sceptical he would do as much damage to the club in 6 months as others seem to think he would

The options are so poor that the corrupt, greedy Allardyce might be the only realistic, available manager that will guarantee results improve, probably on a short-term deal. The thought of him forming part of the illustrious history of Everton makes my blood boil but relegation would be much, much worse.

Only Everton could announce (when it finally comes, fingers crossed) a new stadium on the Waterfront, only to get relegated within the space of 6 months, almost certainly threatening the finance model.

The likes of Dyche and Silva would have a hell of a job improving things quickly as there just appears to be no balance to the squad, no confidence, no obvious formation or style of play. Tuchel looks great on paper but with no previous in the PL, would still represent a major gamble. We don't want to be going into January desperately looking for reinforcements to get us out of a mess - we'll get held to ransom. We need to be mid-table within touching distance of the top 7 or 8.

Best manager for me is Rafael Benitez but he is probably out of reach - forget the Kopite links. He is the stand out candidate - trophy winner / knows the league / has managed big players and personalities / gets lucky at crucial times like Mourinho / knows the culture of the city and what Everton fans demand / spends money well. Highly unlikely but if I was FM or BK, I would be asking the question of his agent.

I agree with Benitez. Should have been here instead of Koeman.

Forget he managed Liverpool and took some digs at us, so what. He's proven himself easily in this league.

Does he? Thought that was one of the main reasons things went wrong at Liverpool (in the 2 out of 4 seasons he finished below us) was he kept signing unsuitable players.
Take your point but they won a CL (luckiest win in history but they did unfortunately) and he sailed through getting Newcastle back into the PL. The Championship is not an easy league to get out of and he did it very well. Won trophies at Chelsea and Valencia. Only really at Madrid did he struggle but the personalities/egos that you have to manage there must be a nightmare. He is a bloody good manager and I fear he may be back at LFC one day. Benitez at Goodison with a decent budget would do well I think.

Unless we can get an unbelievable manager in Unsy deserves to build on that victory. Very cruel to take it away from him right now. Unless like o said it would be a sensational appointment.

The options are so poor that the corrupt, greedy Allardyce might be the only realistic, available manager that will guarantee results improve, probably on a short-term deal. The thought of him forming part of the illustrious history of Everton makes my blood boil but relegation would be much, much worse.

Only Everton could announce (when it finally comes, fingers crossed) a new stadium on the Waterfront, only to get relegated within the space of 6 months, almost certainly threatening the finance model.

The likes of Dyche and Silva would have a hell of a job improving things quickly as there just appears to be no balance to the squad, no confidence, no obvious formation or style of play. Tuchel looks great on paper but with no previous in the PL, would still represent a major gamble. We don't want to be going into January desperately looking for reinforcements to get us out of a mess - we'll get held to ransom. We need to be mid-table within touching distance of the top 7 or 8.

Best manager for me is Rafael Benitez but he is probably out of reach - forget the Kopite links. He is the stand out candidate - trophy winner / knows the league / has managed big players and personalities / gets lucky at crucial times like Mourinho / knows the culture of the city and what Everton fans demand / spends money well. Highly unlikely but if I was FM or BK, I would be asking the question of his agent.
100% this ^ for me. Sums up the issue completely.

I also agree about Benitez, whether he'd take it or not is a different matter as he still has hopes of returning to the pit at some point (post FSG as they wouldn't consider it), and a move to us would obviously scupper that dream.

The 2/5 has gone now. Best you can get is betfred at 1/3 and I'm sure they'll fall into line shortly.
Small amounts of cash alter a market like that, it's punters reacting to the news that Moshiri has spoken to him, it doesn't mean he's going to get it. I still don't think he's the first choice, he's just an option.

If you look at the first 11 he built up it was an outstanding team

100% this ^ for me. Sums up the issue completely.

I also agree about Benitez, whether he'd take it or not is a different matter as he still has hopes of returning to the pit at some point (post FSG as they wouldn't consider it), and a move to us would obviously scupper that dream.

I doubt it

They probably hate Chelsea more than they hate us and that hasn't hurt his standing in their eyes

Appointing someone till the end of the season runs the risk of the players playing up. We've already had trouble with mirallas and schneiderlin this week. This squad doesn't pass up an excuse to turn it in

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back