• Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
We are not getting relegated @Mikey_Fitzgerald ffs

Have you seen how crap we are and right now there are still 5 teams below us, and they probably didn't all have to play City Spurs Man U and Arsenal up to this point

One club is managed now by Moyes, another managed by Hodgson and another is about set to sack Pullis which will absolutely wreck them, honestly we won't go down with even a semi average manager

How many managers want a relegation on their CV? Because that's the risk you take with us at the moment
None. But some of them would be prepared to take that risk. At Everton, the potential to make it the top is there. Stick with a Watford or a Burnley and you might do it, but you haven't got the same chance.

We are the 7th best chance in this league. Probably about the 17th richest team in the world according to this KPMG report ( http://www.cityam.com/265683/manchester-united-reign-over-real-madrid-and-barcelona-most ) so probably we have a chance of European success if set up right. Frankly if I was a good manager and I wasn't afraid of a little risk, then I'd be all over this job if it came up. I am thinking of the likes of Tuchel and Fonseca from Shaktar here. I am certain that Fonseca would be interested, Tuchel maybe if he hasn't been sounded out by another big team.

Just say no to Big Sam. We should not be choosing him or his ilk out of fear.

He could win every game and I'd still want him gone after 6 months

After the fire brigade sort out your chip pan inferno you don't offer to let them move in with you (Bit of a strained analogy, but work with me here)

We aren’t in big sam fire fighting territory yet though, by a long shot. If this was February and we were rooted in the bottom 4 then yeah I could maybe understand he need for the type of man he is... besides that there is no chance we should be dealing with him.

He is a fraud on all levels and will leave this club in a bigger mess then it’s in now, that is certain!

It wont be Allardyce. I cant believe the amount of mugs being separated from their money: odds of 1/7. Ha Ha. Bookies must pissing themselves.
Surely they'd put him at something like 2/1 if they knew it wasn't going to be him. Get people lumping on it?

I just can't begin to see how he's even in the running. Failed in his last job, corrupt in his biggest job. Retired.

We're not bottom of the league and it's Feb. It's November and we're 8 points off Europe. With the biggest January window we've ever faced. Needing to get in the missing pieces, or at least start with 1 or 2. I don't understand what's happening.

I take no joy in it either mate

I'm the man who wants Joachim Loew FFS. He and Sam are polar opposites, but Loew isn't going to give up the freaking Germany job for a team in our state of disarray

Right now we're slogging through a survival season and sleepwalking to relegation. We need something drastic

Again though, I'll be fuming if we sign him to some sort of 2-3 year contract

6 months at most, or the board has officially lost its mind

Like you originally said, it’s points that matter. I wouldn’t give a toss if we had 1 shot on target every week that lead to 1-0 victory. Would I complain that we qualified for Europe or won a cup by playing awful togger, nope.

I’d love us to play like City, it’s pure entertainment coupled with victories but it ain’t happening

This is no support for Fat Sam BTW, I hate the man

I think there are four types of good managers in roughly two groups.

Those that can galvanise a team to scrap for every point, keep things tight, play the percentages and look for any way of getting a result.
If they can also spot a player, build a team and refresh it when required with sensible signings then they are a very good manager.
These managers can do very well but simply don't have the funds to buy or charisma to work with the types of players who ultimately win the big games.
Moyes with us is probably the best example of that type.
Lesser versions are your Allardyce, Dyche, Pulis, Koeman types.

Then you have the managers with charisma and/or tactical know-how.
So the likes of Mourinho and Simeone tend to build "us against the world" mentalities, have the personality to work with star players, but tactically aren't that different from the above group.

Then you have the "philosophy" types which come in the lesser role of Martinez, Rodgers, probably Tuchel at the moment (but superior to the first two) and most of the up and coming German coaches.

and the top group of Pep Guardiola, Wenger (mainly a decade or so back), Pochettino (probably similar to Tuchel) etc

What we need is a coherent choice of a manager given the long term view of how we want to play and what types of players we are after.

If we go for an Allardyce now (and let him at the money in Jan) and a Tuchel type in the summer we are in danger of doing a Palace and trying to switch styles with a squad not suited to it.

I think the best way forward for us is a temp manager, to see out this season and that will give us plenty of time to sort out a new manager when the good ones will be available in the summer.

For that reason I'd have Allardyce here till the end of the season, he's a good motivator, man manager, he may even surprise a few of us by getting us well into the top 10.

Step away from how close we are to the situation - where everything is magnified because of that.

West Brom fans think they are in the worst mess in the league - want Pullis sacked and to change style when in a relegation fight - that always ends in a bad disaster
Stoke are a shambles - want Hughes sacked
Swansea - ditto
Palace and West Ham have sacked their ones already - both will struggle all season long as they have hired poor managers 10 years past there best hoping they can turn back the clock
Bournemouth can't score a goal and look seriously to lack any fight as well.

there right now is 5 teams whose own fans probably think they are in a worse state than us

Throw in at least one of the promoted teams who will nailed on to plummet after a good early start and if we panic and go for a 'fixer' we are complete idiots

I don't want Everton to get relegated.

For those of you saying it won't happen, I think you're being dangerously overconfident. We've won three league games from eleven this season and we could (perhaps should?) have lost all of them. We have been dreadful and I think people shouldn't let Sunday's result and general feeling of relief since then cloud the fact that we are in deep trouble, based on what we have seen.

Do I want Sam Allardyce as manager? No, I absolutely do not. If we appoint him, I think it's frankly embarrassing and a low point in our modern history.

Having said that, relegation would be far, far worse and of everybody out there, Allardyce comes closest to offering a "guarantee" that we will be playing Premier League football next season.

If it happens, I will accept that it is the pragmatic choice in the short term, but we must be making longer term plans during this season to attract someone who can move us forward in the summer

Be honest none of the options are appealing. If it is big fat sam till the summer I hope they don't give him loads of money to flood the squad with yard dogs. We should be going out and buying another centre forward who can slot and that's it. Surely a manger of his skills set can get the rest of the team organised enough to get to top half of the table then we can go back to the drawing board in the summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back