Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Surely they'd put him at something like 2/1 if they knew it wasn't going to be him. Get people lumping on it?

I just can't begin to see how he's even in the running. Failed in his last job, corrupt in his biggest job. Retired.

We're not bottom of the league and it's Feb. It's November and we're 8 points off Europe. With the biggest January window we've ever faced. Needing to get in the missing pieces, or at least start with 1 or 2. I don't understand what's happening.
The 1/7 reflects the cash being placed on him.

You;d have to have rocks in your head to think we'd waited 3 weeks to appoint a man who we could have appointed an hour after Koeman left.

It's never going to be Allardyce.

Vault me on that!

My nephew lives in East London and he saw most of West Ham's home matches the year that Big Sam got them into Europe. He said the Hammers played some great stuff under Allardyce.

The idea that Big Sam only knows how to play "Route 1" football is a misconception that arose when Big Sam had just one big centre-forward at Bolton due to financial constraints. Kevin Davies I think his name was. Big Sam played "Route 1" then, but he had no other option.

for all the stick he gets, from myself included ( I don't want him if its long term ) you are not wrong there, they were actually half decent under big sam, same when he was at Bolton with okocha and that. he's a manager who works with what he's got

tuchel still for me though

What makes you so certain he wont be appointed Dave, 1/7 across the boards now. I know they get these things wrong but not usually for this length of time and continuing to shorten.
...same answer as I gave here mate...

The 1/7 reflects the cash being placed on him.

You;d have to have rocks in your head to think we'd waited 3 weeks to appoint a man who we could have appointed an hour after Koeman left.

It's never going to be Allardyce.

Vault me on that!

Whether Allardyce has or hasn’t spoken to Everton or not (FWIW I don’t think he has). He has just said he is at an LMA Managers Conference in Scotland until Friday, now unless he is completely lying then I don’t imagine we will be announcing him until the weekend at least (if that is who we are after). Surely if it was him it would already be done?

Again I may be completely wrong, but I do not think Allardyce will be our next manager. I have a sneaking suspicion that Moshiri is well aware of Tuchel, from his previous links to Arsenal job etc. Actually think there is a chance that Allardyce ends up at West Brom if Pulis gets binned. Pretty sure he is from around that area anyway.

My personal order of preference would be Tuchel > Benitez > Silva > Dyche > Allardyce.

Moyes said he had no contact with West Ham on Saturday

I’m amazed people listen to stuff and believe it even if it’s from the horses mouth . Koeman was seeing his deal out at Southampton and as you say we’re expected to believe a deal was negotiated in where effectively a matter of hours for Bilic to leave and Moyes to arrive at West Ham ? Don’t forget Lukaku was 99% signing a new deal direct from his agent.

It’s certainly a wait an see situation and Like everyone I’ve no idea what’ll happen but if people think there is absolutely nothing to see in the Sam rumours then personally I’d be amazed.

Sam Allardyce tells talkSPORT he has not had any talks with Everton over succeeding Ronald Koeman

gettyimages-679577848.jpg

Sam Allardyce is being tipped to return to management with Everton

By Alex Varney - @lexvarney

Tuesday, November 7, 2017

Everton over their managerial vacancy, although he would be willing to speak to the Merseyside club.

The former England boss, who has out of the game since leaving Crystal Palace in May, is the bookmakers’ favourite to succeed Ronald Koeman at Goodson Park.

It has been reported that Allardyce met the Toffees' majority shareholder Farhad Moshiri this week and is on the verge of signing a deal to take charge until the end of the season.

But the 63-year-old denied that was the case when he spoke exclusively to talkSPORT on Tuesday morning.

Asked by Jim White what he can say about potentially taking the Everton job, Allardyce responded: “Nothing, at the minute. I am sat at home about to go to St Andrews for a League Managers’ Association masterclass up there so I will be having a couple of days with one or two of my fellow managers.”

Pressed on whether had spoken to Moshiri, Allardyce insisted: “No, I haven’t.”

Allardyce, though, refused to rule himself out contention, adding: “It’s like everything else, if somebody comes calling, there’s the opportunity to speak.”

Sam Allardyce tells talkSPORT he has not had any talks with Everton over succeeding Ronald Koeman

gettyimages-679577848.jpg

Sam Allardyce is being tipped to return to management with Everton

By Alex Varney - @lexvarney

Tuesday, November 7, 2017

Everton over their managerial vacancy, although he would be willing to speak to the Merseyside club.

The former England boss, who has out of the game since leaving Crystal Palace in May, is the bookmakers’ favourite to succeed Ronald Koeman at Goodson Park.

It has been reported that Allardyce met the Toffees' majority shareholder Farhad Moshiri this week and is on the verge of signing a deal to take charge until the end of the season.

But the 63-year-old denied that was the case when he spoke exclusively to talkSPORT on Tuesday morning.

Asked by Jim White what he can say about potentially taking the Everton job, Allardyce responded: “Nothing, at the minute. I am sat at home about to go to St Andrews for a League Managers’ Association masterclass up there so I will be having a couple of days with one or two of my fellow managers.”

Pressed on whether had spoken to Moshiri, Allardyce insisted: “No, I haven’t.”

Allardyce, though, refused to rule himself out contention, adding: “It’s like everything else, if somebody comes calling, there’s the opportunity to speak.”
so he's in the frame then.

Keep EFC out of bottom 3 until the transfer window. Surely Big Sam will receive assurances that he can bring in a striker before he joins. If you were in his shoes you would insist on it.

have it on good authority that tuchel is mosh's top target and has held talks with his agent, he wants promises on funds etc and isn't keen on the DOF ( walsh bringing his own players ) but fat sam is eager and is the back up

But if that is true then it shows what a mess the process is.

Tuchel is nothing like Allardyce, nothing.

It is like looking for a house, you consider your needs and budget. If you are a family of 4 then you don't choose between a studio apartment in the city centre or a 3 bedroom house in the suburbs. You choose between different types of 3 bed houses.

I just want to win football matches, I don't give a toss how we play, I don't give a toss how we win, if Allardyce can do that, then that is fine by me !!

I've always liked Sam, and I still do, but I don't want a short term appointment brought in to keep us up. Unsworth can do that, and
if that's all he does we can carefully plan our next move, and not make a rushed, take what we can get decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back