Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Outsider here: How about Bilic? A bit of hoofball, but loves width and fast transitions. Made Mikhail Antonio, who is surprisingly English, look like the best winger in the league behind Mahrez at times. If he can regain half of his ambition he would be a great manager again. And available for free. Just hope he won't destroy Niasse.

christ

The 1/7 reflects the cash being placed on him.

You;d have to have rocks in your head to think we'd waited 3 weeks to appoint a man who we could have appointed an hour after Koeman left.

It's never going to be Allardyce.

Vault me on that!

But that's the point. No one is claiming Allardyce is first choice. We've worked our way down the last and arrived at Allardyce.

It's opinions mate. And bottom line we ain't getting Tuchel.

Additionally we've sunk over £200million into that squad. £200million. And it is shocking currently embroiled in a relegation scrap.

We ain't this shining light in the league who needs the right man to unlock it's potential. We dropped alot of money to go backwards a million miles from the top 6.

1st thing is to get out the mire and assess. Personally that'll take 2 seasons, the damage is that bad imo.

Thinking Tuchel will come in and this time next season we'll be Dortmund is completely bonkers.
I agree this is about opinions, and ours are literally poles apart. On two fronts.

Firstly, I do believe we have a fantastic group of young players available to us at the moment. Probably as many as 15 aged 24 or under who have a genuine chance of being premiership quality, provided we have the right type of manager. Now they may not be the "shining light of the league", but for me, our youngsters have probably been the shining light of our season so far. It's the experienced players who have let us down, not the kids. And I also believe that many of those young players could develop together and form the nucleus of a team who could challenge for honours, both home and abroad, in 3 or so years time. Yes we desperately need a new striker and a defensive leader and we should make these our priority in January. But we also have players coming back from injury who can make a difference and, in my opinion, we will play our way clear of trouble before too long.

Tuchel is my first choice and we should be doing everything possible to get him in my opinion. We have the ability to offer the kind of salary foreign clubs can only dream of, plus a lot of the worlds best managers are coming to the premiership to manage. For an aspiring manager, Everton are probably the only club that can genuinely challenge the elite in this country. He may have his heart set on another position, but otherwise why wouldn't he come to us? If we can't get Tuchel, well somebody else who has similar ethos to him. If we have to wait until the end of the season to get our new man well I'd keep Unsy in charge until then.

The second thing is Allardyce. Now I'm self aware enough to understand that my loathing of the guy as a human being is affecting my opinion of him as Everton's next manager. But notwithstanding that, I truly believe he is the wrong manager for us at the moment. He'll take us back a decade or more. The glass ceiling will be never more evident and he'll bring in a group of players who will play to his long balls style. But above everything else, the young players we have at the moment will not get a look in as he will revert to experience. People who want him as our next manager do so purely because they believe he will keep us up, and he may well do that. But he will do so his way by managing for the moment rather than the future, and I wouldn't be surprised if he left the club in a position where we did get relegated soon after he left, which has been his legacy to the majority of clubs he's managed before.

We've just had an experience of a manager who manages for the "now" in Koeman, and I agree with you that he has left the club in a pretty sorry state having wasted a large part of £200m. But luckily we do have this safety net of our young players ready to take up the mantle, which is why I don't think it's all doom and gloom like some of you. But if we do appoint Allardyce I'm pretty certain we won't have that same safety net by the time he leaves.

I don't expect you to agree with any of this mate. It's all about opinions. But I feel incredibly sad right now at the prospect of this man being appointed Everton manager, as it will literally change my life. Sounds very dramatic, but I'm 57 now and Everton have been a big part of my life for well over 40 years, and have been a STH for the last 6 years. I know I won't watch Everton again whilst Allardyce is connected with us.

Who mentioned Sven last night?

Sven was mentioned on Talksport last night (Irish radio programme from newstalk) Richard Dunne was on as guest, it's up on their podcast, well worth a listen, good to get a proper insight into what a manager was actually like from a player who played under him - interestingly Dunne couldn't speak highly enough about him in all aspects of his management

I agree this is about opinions, and ours are literally poles apart. On two fronts.

Firstly, I do believe we have a fantastic group of young players available to us at the moment. Probably as many as 15 aged 24 or under who have a genuine chance of being premiership quality, provided we have the right type of manager. Now they may not be the "shining light of the league", but for me, our youngsters have probably been the shining light of our season so far. It's the experienced players who have let us down, not the kids. And I also believe that many of those young players could develop together and form the nucleus of a team who could challenge for honours, both home and abroad, in 3 or so years time. Yes we desperately need a new striker and a defensive leader and we should make these our priority in January. But we also have players coming back from injury who can make a difference and, in my opinion, we will play our way clear of trouble before too long.

Tuchel is my first choice and we should be doing everything possible to get him in my opinion. We have the ability to offer the kind of salary foreign clubs can only dream of, plus a lot of the worlds best managers are coming to the premiership to manage. For an aspiring manager, Everton are probably the only club that can genuinely challenge the elite in this country. He may have his heart set on another position, but otherwise why wouldn't he come to us? If we can't get Tuchel, well somebody else who has similar ethos to him. If we have to wait until the end of the season to get our new man well I'd keep Unsy in charge until then.

The second thing is Allardyce. Now I'm self aware enough to understand that my loathing of the guy as a human being is affecting my opinion of him as Everton's next manager. But notwithstanding that, I truly believe he is the wrong manager for us at the moment. He'll take us back a decade or more. The glass ceiling will be never more evident and he'll bring in a group of players who will play to his long balls style. But above everything else, the young players we have at the moment will not get a look in as he will revert to experience. People who want him as our next manager do so purely because they believe he will keep us up, and he may well do that. But he will do so his way by managing for the moment rather than the future, and I wouldn't be surprised if he left the club in a position where we did get relegated soon after he left, which has been his legacy to the majority of clubs he's managed before.

We've just had an experience of a manager who manages for the "now" in Koeman, and I agree with you that he has left the club in a pretty sorry state having wasted a large part of £200m. But luckily we do have this safety net of our young players ready to take up the mantle, which is why I don't think it's all doom and gloom like some of you. But if we do appoint Allardyce I'm pretty certain we won't have that same safety net by the time he leaves.

I don't expect you to agree with any of this mate. It's all about opinions. But I feel incredibly sad right now at the prospect of this man being appointed Everton manager, as it will literally change my life. Sounds very dramatic, but I'm 57 now and Everton have been a big part of my life for well over 40 years, and have been a STH for the last 6 years. I know I won't watch Everton again whilst Allardyce is connected with us.
It’s no Sam though

But that's the point. No one is claiming Allardyce is first choice. We've worked our way down the last and arrived at Allardyce.

The media have prepared the way for any Allardyce appointment and enough fans are desperate enough to get him in so that the board would - on a short term hiring basis - get away with taking him. He could have been hired an hour after Unsworth's last game in charge or anytime since. But the club have let it be know they'll sift through a short list. I dont think that's window dressing either.

Allardyce is serving his purpose here: to flush out a commitment from a real contender.

The media have prepared the way for any Allardyce appointment and enough fans are desperate enough to get him in so that the board would - on a short term hiring basis - get away with taking him. He could have been hired an hour after Unsworth's last game in charge or anytime since. But the club have let it be know they'll sift through a short list. I dont think that's window dressing either.

Allardyce is serving his purpose here: to flush out a commitment from a real contender.

I agree with this, I don't think Allardyce is in the running at all.......stick me in the vault with Dav!!!

Hope you're right on this one mate.

It's on lads...;)

#Spotted

2093282402_cd133d7aa7_b.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.