Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Everton want former England boss Sam Allardyce to be their new manager for the rest of the season. The 63-year-old is set to sign a £100,000-a-week deal, with former Leicester boss Craig Shakespeare as his assistant.

WTF is going on with our club?

The difference now is Sam would only be head coach not club manager. He won't get control over transfers it will stay the same with Walsh (could be a worry). He won't get the chance to damage the club. He could cause trouble for the first team but that is in trouble now anyway. Also I have a feeling he is the only one interested in the job at this stage of the season.
Dyche will want to see where this season takes Burnley, same with Silva and Watford. Tuchel is waiting on the Bayern decision and Ancellotti is taking time out. Keeping Unsworth doesn't really look like an option but he could still be involved with Sam as I think Sam would bow to our terms and join the team already there rather than bring in his own. Obviously he'd bring some but not the 15 that's been quoted.

As Walsh was hired by Sam and fired at the same time at Newcastle as his head of recruitment, and as both men have eulogised over each other in the past, then yes that would be more than a major worry for me

I've always liked Sam, and I still do, but I don't want a short term appointment brought in to keep us up. Unsworth can do that, and
if that's all he does we can carefully plan our next move, and not make a rushed, take what we can get decision.
What exactly is there to like about him?

Everton want former England boss Sam Allardyce to be their new manager for the rest of the season. The 63-year-old is set to sign a £100,000-a-week deal, with former Leicester boss Craig Shakespeare as his assistant.

If that's off Everton newsnow forget it as another clip was about Butch wilkens saying Joey Barton of Talkspout frame his remarks on his appearance, and clothing has done him damage , and cost him the Everton managers job!

I just want to win football matches, I don't give a toss how we play, I don't give a toss how we win, if Allardyce can do that, then that is fine by me !!
WLLDDWDLLLWWDLDLLWLDLDLWLLDDDWLLLLDW Throughout his whole career that's roughly his form that's why he works with clubs like Sunderland, Palace, West Ham etc... and has never been anywhere near a big club

Sam Allardyce tells talkSPORT he has not had any talks with Everton over succeeding Ronald Koeman

gettyimages-679577848.jpg

Sam Allardyce is being tipped to return to management with Everton

By Alex Varney - @lexvarney

Tuesday, November 7, 2017

Everton over their managerial vacancy, although he would be willing to speak to the Merseyside club.

The former England boss, who has out of the game since leaving Crystal Palace in May, is the bookmakers’ favourite to succeed Ronald Koeman at Goodson Park.

It has been reported that Allardyce met the Toffees' majority shareholder Farhad Moshiri this week and is on the verge of signing a deal to take charge until the end of the season.

But the 63-year-old denied that was the case when he spoke exclusively to talkSPORT on Tuesday morning.

Asked by Jim White what he can say about potentially taking the Everton job, Allardyce responded: “Nothing, at the minute. I am sat at home about to go to St Andrews for a League Managers’ Association masterclass up there so I will be having a couple of days with one or two of my fellow managers.”

Pressed on whether had spoken to Moshiri, Allardyce insisted: “No, I haven’t.”

Allardyce, though, refused to rule himself out contention, adding: “It’s like everything else, if somebody comes calling, there’s the opportunity to speak.”

Sam is clever. He didn't say he hasn't spoken to Everton, or Bill...just not spoken to Moshiri. He also didn't say his agent has spoken to Moshiri or Everton.
It's all about what they don't say....not what they say.

Sam is clever. He didn't say he hasn't spoken to Everton, or Bill...just not spoken to Moshiri. He also didn't say his agent has spoken to Moshiri or Everton.
It's all about what they don't say....not what they say.
He didn't say anything about what he knows about the Moon landings or 9/11 but we can read between the lines

just cos you read something somewhere doesnt make it true mate.

Outsider here: How about Bilic? A bit of hoofball, but loves width and fast transitions. Made Mikhail Antonio, who is surprisingly English, look like the best winger in the league behind Mahrez at times. If he can regain half of his ambition he would be a great manager again. And available for free. Just hope he won't destroy Niasse.

But if that is true then it shows what a mess the process is.

Tuchel is nothing like Allardyce, nothing.

It is like looking for a house, you consider your needs and budget. If you are a family of 4 then you don't choose between a studio apartment in the city centre or a 3 bedroom house in the suburbs. You choose between different types of 3 bed houses.
Big Sam would be a sex dungeon, with a damp problem. Otherwise I like the analogy.

Outsider here: How about Bilic? A bit of hoofball, but loves width and fast transitions. Made Mikhail Antonio, who is surprisingly English, look like the best winger in the league behind Mahrez at times. If he can regain half of his ambition he would be a great manager again. And available for free. Just hope he won't destroy Niasse.

No thanks, he already stole a wage here once upon a time.

Not a chance. And I wanted him around the hiring of Martinez. Bad health, nothing inspirational in his stint managing in this league. No thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back