Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next Everton Manager

Manager?

• Rhino

Votes: 85 8.7%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 168 17.2%
  • Simeone

Votes: 259 26.6%
  • Dyche

Votes: 59 6.1%
  • Allardyce

Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Unsy will be there until Christmas I reckon, when champions league and Europa is sorted out, and a manager can get a few games before the window opens. Just hope we can get to 20 points by then.

Neck and neck between Marco Silva and Unsworth now on Skybet. 6/4 and 5/4 respectively. Allardyce out to 7/1.
Lots of money has gone onto Silva in the last 30 hours with nothing in the media. It's likely we're in negotiation with his reps but it'll be a big task to convince him to leave Watford so soon.

Which just goes to show that no ones got a clue, so the money is getting spread around.

There's obvioulsy problems ( whatever they are ) with all three of the forerunners of Unsorth / Dyche / Allardyce or one of them would've been signed by now.

My thoughts on the manager search

Fat Sam = No chance as he would have been approached already
Unsworth = Board our split on this, Mosheri has not seen enough to take plunge on him
Dyche = Mosheri does not fancy him, won’t attract big players in the future, just a quick fix manager, imagine watching his football over next 3 Years, no thanks
Simeone = I think he has sounded him out, maybe available in summer, as will a. Lot of other managers.
Tuchel = same as above.
Paulo Fonseca = I would prefer this option, his team play fantastic football

I think if unsworth can steady the ship running up to Xmas, I think he will be left to take the reins until the summer, then Mosheri will go all out to get his man.

Unsworth = Board our split on this, Mosheri has not seen enough to take plunge on him
Dyche = Mosheri does not fancy him, won’t attract big players in the future, just a quick fix manager, imagine watching his football over next 3 Years, no thanks
Simeone = I think he has sounded him out, maybe available in summer, as will a. Lot of other managers.
Tuchel = same as above.

I think if unsworth can steady the ship running up to Xmas, I think he will be left to take the reins until the summer, then Mosheri will go all out to get his man.
It'll be Unsworth until the summer, then we will say we tried for Simeone/Tuchel and end up with Dyche and Shane Long as our main striker.

So why negotiate if we know he won't leave? It's wasting our time
It's unlikely but not impossible. Koeman seemed unlikely but persistance, a massive wage, and a war chest promise eventually paid off. Ironically the BBC claims make any war chest promise to Silva more credible.
If we fail to lure him now at least we've laid a strong marker for next summer.

Tuchel = same as above.

where do we start with this?? @tommye

Sean Dyche. £3.5 million release clause.

Pathetic dithering from the board.

If we want him it’s pathetic, if we don’t it’s irrelevant. I’m no supporter of the board and their actions since Koeman left haven’t really inspired confidence but the fact we could have Dyche doesn’t mean either we want him or he’d be the right appointment.

However If we do want him and are messing about over his release clause then I’d agree with your point .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back