Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next Everton Manager

Manager?

• Rhino

Votes: 85 8.7%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 168 17.2%
  • Simeone

Votes: 259 26.6%
  • Dyche

Votes: 59 6.1%
  • Allardyce

Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anything likely to happen today?
I have a feeling we will hear something. The club are getting slated left right and centre, by the media, the fans, ex pros.. they need something to happen because Wednesday night will be vile for them if there’s no news.

100% agreed... Might swell stick a fork in it

Look at every club that has ever appointed one of these so called 'survival experts' and show me a single one that hasn't died on it's arse within 3-4 seasons tops of them being there, even better show me any single one that has ever amounted to anything after making that decision to appoint one.

We go down that route, it is a blatant admission that as a club we have no strength in our convictions, without that you will always be one fo the happy to survive brigade in this league

Oh the media are loving it alright - they're just praying we do a Leeds. But we're gonna show them. As for the FA... nothing surprises me about that lot, just couldn't wait to bop us down since we are on the rise again in a big way.

We've had a taste of European football again and bringing famous Euro nights back to Goodison/Bramley Moore is imperative. Everton aren't we.

Love your optimism mate!

Yeah they are made up seeing us in our current state definitely. Kicking us while we are down.

Look at every club that has ever appointed one of these so called 'survival experts' and show me a single one that hasn't died on it's arse within 3-4 seasons tops of them being there, even better show me any single one that has ever amounted to anything after making that decision to appoint one.

We go down that route, it is a blatant admission that as a club we have no strength in our convictions, without that you will always be one fo the happy to survive brigade in this league

If we go down that route, we'll find out every shred of ambition the club has. Lets get it straight if we go back to Sam now it WONT be a 6 month contract it'll be 18months - 3 years, we will pander to every demand he made.

For Sam Allardyce.... 3 year contract.

in that time frame we (apparently) should have made significant progress on the stadium build, does the club REALLY think we will fill it with that fraud in charge?

He is toxic on every level, and I love the argument about how he played boss footy once with Bolton with Your Djorkaeff, Okocha, and that ilk... that was about 10 years ago...

Allardyce is NEVER the answer to our question as a club... never.

Silva ends the speculation whenever he wants too! He hasn’t

I think thats the worst thing about the chase for him, is he didn't want he it could VERY easily say "I am happy at Watford and will see out my contract here".

But he wont... and its that hope which kills you.

Leicester? Pearson. Stoke with Pulis? Palace have had Pulis and Allardyce and are still just about alive and kicking. I see your point though, most do eventually go down but that is inevitable for every club outside the top 6 apart from one which has bucked the trend so far....

Yeah I agree. Williams is a disgrace to the shirt, Jags is just past it and Baines looks burnt out.

It was obvious to us all at the end of last season we needed cover at left back, a couple of new centre backs, and at least two centre forwards who could hold the ball up, but Koeman and Walsh failed to see it, and they overloaded us with attacking midfielders. Bizarre really when you think of their experience.

It's an absolute disgrace mate and I can't see how Walsh is still in a job because of it. Didn't anyone from the top question why they were after so many of the same? Didn't anyone have a quiet word in their ear to say "hey, aren't you a little concerned that the defence look a little lightweight and over the hill?"

A shambles mate, Moshiri, Kenwright, Elstone, Koeman, Walsh - these 5 have been nothing short of a disgrace this season. I'd be embarrassed to show my face out in the public if I was them currently, an absolute laughing stock who seem as clueless as they look.

No shame in Unsworth being out of his depth, he knew he had a 3 game audition, but what's he had now, 6/7?? I think even he is hoping it ends asap because every game he takes charge of is another game where his reputation gets a battering as it shows his flaws and inexperience

Leicester? Pearson. Stoke with Pulis? Palace have had Pulis and Allardyce and are still just about alive and kicking. I see your point though, most do eventually go down but that is inevitable for every club outside the top 6 apart from one which has bucked the trend so far....

Think its harsh to say stoke and Pulis - he managed them for 7 years, not really an escape artist with them. Saying that, he should be nowhere near our club.

Palace will end up going down soon - the ping ponging from survival artist to the Owl will catch them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back