Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next Everton Manager

Manager?

• Rhino

Votes: 85 8.7%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 168 17.2%
  • Simeone

Votes: 259 26.6%
  • Dyche

Votes: 59 6.1%
  • Allardyce

Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
You may be proved right about Dyche - 3/4 weeks ago I was expecting him to be offered the job but it looked like he was well down the wanted list behind big foreign names, then Allardyce and lately Silva.

Most Burnley fans were very worried before it looked like Allardyce & Silva were in the frame but reading 2/3 Burnley forums today it seems the vast majority of Clarets fans expect him now to stay as he would only be about 5th/6th choice now. And on top of that, three league games have been won since Koeman was sacked.

I wouldn't be totally surprised if Dyche ends up at Goodison this week, but I would be surprised that he was that desperate for the job to be happy to be virtually "a last resort" because Everton could not appoint 4/5 preferred candidates.

I like Dyche and I wish we'd gone for him first. I think he's what we need here. I don't feel the love for Silva.

I like Dyche and I wish we'd gone for him first. I think he's what we need here. I don't feel the love for Silva.

If Everton had offered Dyche the job the next day after Koeman was sacked, SD would have jumped at the chance.

He still might want the job, but it is less likely now he knows he would almost be a "last resort" and possibly replaced by someone like Silva in the summer even if he does quite well. It happened to him at Watford when Zola replaced him.

If Everton had offered Dyche the job the next day after Koeman was sacked, SD would have jumped at the chance.

He still might want the job, but it is less likely now he knows he would almost be a "last resort" and possibly replaced by someone like Silva in the summer even if he does quite well. It happened to him at Watford when Zola replaced him.
stop panicking about your manager ......he doesn't seem to be high on the agenda apart from when you appear .....

I just watched the Spurs - WBA game and when I saw Megson running the show and the commentator said
Pulis had left I just assumed he'd got the job here.

I was very underwhelmed, of course, but I thought 'well, he'll tighten the defence and we'll probably stay up'. That's all I'm
interested in now and I'm used to the idea of not competing for cups or a high finish. It's quite relaxing in a way.

I was always a bag of nerves before this top four crap when we were trying to win the league and were in long cup runs.

It wasn't until I opened this thread that I found out he'd been sacked.

Bascombe is a mouthpiece for Kenwright, who it's pretty common knowledge is the one who wanted Dyce and Unsworth.

So a nothing story, except a bit more pro Bill anti-Moshiri press
Each to their own mate. Bascombe is one who when I read his pieces, I believe what is written. What I find is interesting, is that Dyche privately wants the job and is interested. When we’re getting linked to absolute guff like o’Neil And Allardyce and clearly struggling to appoint a manager, I’ve no idea why Dyche hasn’t been offered the job.

Wouldn’t have been everyone’s first choice in an ideal world, but tell you what I’d take him right now. Doing a brilliant job on a shoestring, knows how to tighten up a defence which we badly need, and made an England player out of Keane.

Who’s to say with better players and more resources, that his “brand “ of football wouldn’t change? He’s been dealt a poor hand at Burnley and is having to do the best with what he’s given, and doing very very well with it.

Farhad seems to have some sort of ambition, I cant see O'Neill, Pulis etc being appointed. These where the quick options, its been over a month now so hopefully a bit of negotiating further a field has been done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back