Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next Everton Manager

Manager?

• Rhino

Votes: 85 8.7%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 168 17.2%
  • Simeone

Votes: 259 26.6%
  • Dyche

Votes: 59 6.1%
  • Allardyce

Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
When Celtic played man city did they beat them, because I know when shaktor Donesk played city they not only beat them but played ythem off the park.

I want my everton team to do that and compete for the title, not someone like Eddie howe or fat Sam who is well known in this league
Lee Johnson managed Bristol City to beat Utd and give City a huge fright... but, I don't want him as manager.

If, we are throwing names around. It seems Emery may be leaving PSG this summer. That is the level of manager we should be bursting a gut to sign.

Tottenham will need a new manager when Real Madrid come calling for Poch.
Agreed. So will Arsenal. Maybe even A Madrid and Chelsea.

There's a lot of jobs coming up in the summer. We should get it sorted and get on with the business of also finding a DOF with European experience, with an eye for youth talent.

We aren't a CL team, not even close. We need a 5 year plan to build the whole club around a style of playing. Martinez had the right idea but not the funding. Unfortunately Walsh and Koeman came in and ripped it up and attempted to turn us into an old school English team.

I think its also something the fans need to accept. Its one thing playing forward attacking football but we cant again get into the situation where that means everything has to go forward. We need to be able to control the game and have players who can do that.

Agreed. So will Arsenal. Maybe even A Madrid and Chelsea.

There's a lot of jobs coming up in the summer. We should get it sorted and get on with the business of also finding a DOF with European experience, with an eye for youth talent.

We aren't a CL team, not even close. We need a 5 year plan to build the whole club around a style of playing. Martinez had the right idea but not the funding. Unfortunately Walsh and Koeman came in and ripped it up and attempted to turn us into an old school English team.

I think its also something the fans need to accept. Its one thing playing forward attacking football but we cant again get into the situation where that means everything has to go forward. We need to be able to control the game and have players who can do that.
We may not be a CL team, but this job represents a very interesting challenge for a young coach.

They’ll get: a big budget, a big wage and hopefully the chance to lead us into a new era at BMD.

It could be very exciting next season if all works out. I’d love Tuchel or Fonseca, personally. Wouldn’t be too disheartened if Silva got the job, though.

My top 3 realistic choices at the moment would be Tuchel, Fonseca and Rodgers (might get laughed off the forum for that one).

My gut says stay away from Marco Silva.

Rodgers, well I absolutely despised the man when he was at that lot, annoying as hell, but clearly he’s a very good coach and that’s the most important thing.

There’s something about Tuchel though, has that aura about him.

My top 3 realistic choices at the moment would be Tuchel, Fonseca and Rodgers (might get laughed off the forum for that one).

My gut says stay away from Marco Silva.

Rodgers, well I absolutely despised the man when he was at that lot, annoying as hell, but clearly he’s a very good coach and that’s the most important thing.

There’s something about Tuchel though, has that aura about him.

See where you're coming from re Rodgers and perhaps throw FSW into the mix too? Doesnt look like Ashley wants to give up his toy just yet

Surprised that Silva has so many votes tbh, I just cannot see the attraction myself.
I think we dodged a big fat metal jacketed bullet there.
As others have said, I think we need to make a statement of intent and go all out for Simeone or Tuchel.

I wouldnt get my hopes up. Utterly resigned to having Sam and "The Gang" here next season.

My reasoning is based on what Moshiri might be thinking. He has been burnt badly so far. He simply cannot be burned again, and any of the frequent names represent a risk. He might think, with the stadium edging closer, the football side of things has to be de risked. Sam, sadly, does delivers that.

See where you're coming from re Rodgers and perhaps throw FSW into the mix too? Doesnt look like Ashley wants to give up his toy just yet
I'm sorry but anybody who refers to Joe Allen as the "welsh Xavi' is a NO from me. That bloke is totally deluded as a coach and only went so close to the PL title because of the world class player he inherited in Suarez. Generally the league was poor that year - they should have won the league (truly a modern miracle that they didn't) but he got caught up in the hype and his own ego, allowing the players and fans to go into that Chelsea game with all the wrong tactics/approach against one of the world's best managers and a true party pooper when it comes to LFC. Mates of mine are Chelsea fans and attended the game - said it was like a victory parade until Demba Ba scored. That wouldn't be like them, would it? A draw was all they needed. They should have got over the line but thankfully the wait goes on and now City are building a dynasty. Rodgers was culpable for that.

What some people need to realize is that this IS a top 20 job in the world. If we make the europa league again this season, a new manager knows they will get a big budget, an owner who has said time and again he wants to move the team to the top, european football to compete in, and a LOT of money.

Yes, its true we cant compete with the likes of Real Madrid. But teams like that comprise only the top 10-15 spots. There are plenty of good managers who are top 20 in the world, who go to manager in lesser leagues, for lesser teams, or sit on the sidelines for a year or so like Tuchel, who would not only be a good fit but would be willing. A half-decent salesman can do the job of getting them in the door.

I wouldnt get my hopes up. Utterly resigned to having Sam and "The Gang" here next season.

My reasoning is based on what Moshiri might be thinking. He has been burnt badly so far. He simply cannot be burned again, and any of the frequent names represent a risk. He might think, with the stadium edging closer, the football side of things has to be de risked. Sam, sadly, does delivers that.

He wont risk losing the fans support though which is what would happen if he keeps him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back