Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next Everton Manager

Manager?

• Rhino

Votes: 85 8.7%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 168 17.2%
  • Simeone

Votes: 259 26.6%
  • Dyche

Votes: 59 6.1%
  • Allardyce

Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why Silva over AVB?

I mean I was just pondering the same thing and in my head AVB has the edge.

AVB
Managerial honours[edit]
Porto
Zenit Saint Petersburg
Silva
Manager[edit]
Estoril

Sporting

Olympiacos

AVB sacked by Chelsea in a season they won the CL as well.

I think AVB has the edge personally.
The man can certainly wear the heck out of a sash, never a skill to be diminished.
3149DB3000000578-3449566-The_Zenit_team_dress_up_in_classical_Russian_dress_for_a_photosh-a-34_1455639114521.jpg

But he was a cold fish, as I recall disliked by players at both Chelsea and Spurs with little interest in youth progression and pretty boring football.

No doubt an improvement on Sam but not convinced Silva isn’t a better risk at this point in time despite AVB’s superior medal haul and experience.

The man can certainly wear the heck out of a sash, never a skill to be diminished.
3149DB3000000578-3449566-The_Zenit_team_dress_up_in_classical_Russian_dress_for_a_photosh-a-34_1455639114521.jpg

But he was a cold fish, as I recall disliked by players at both Chelsea and Spurs with little interest in youth progression and pretty boring football.

No doubt an improvement on Sam but not convinced Silva isn’t a better risk at this point in time despite AVB’s superior medal haul and experience.

I dunno, I still cant make my mind up, im leaning more towards AVB, if given the choice, but its a total coinflip, ive yet to read anybody have a good word to say about the man, now clearly Silva has his knockers, but ive at least seen a few people say good things.

Still see nothing to suggest it wont be Silva tho, maybe today will bring news!

I dunno, I still cant make my mind up, im leaning more towards AVB, if given the choice, but its a total coinflip, ive yet to read anybody have a good word to say about the man, now clearly Silva has his knockers, but ive at least seen a few people say good things.

Still see nothing to suggest it wont be Silva tho, maybe today will bring news!
I do think AVB got a pretty unfair rep with the press, especially at Spurs, don’t think for example an English manager with the same personality would have got quite such coverage.

But a huge component of management isn’t your technical knowledge (AVB seemed pretty decent on tactics iirc) or even aptitude - if you don’t connect on a personal level with players and get them to work within your system you are going to have a short tenure.

Thought Silva did a good job of motivating Hull players despite all the chaos was going on at that club but was disappointed with how he handled himself at Watford after our approach. Would be nice if we were in a better situation so could have the option on more managers without such significant flaws but...we are :(

News today would be good!

I think Silva is Moshiri's choosen one. Personally he wouldn't be my first choice but I am not too disappointed by him. I don't think we have seen the best of him yet, I think he has better opportunities at Everton than he had at Watford or Hull. Another reason I am not too disappointed is that he isn't Fat Sam. Finally I am sort of impressed by Moshiri, if Silva was his choice before FS it shows a determination to get what he wants, maybe shows he is now making the decisions and not Kenwright.

So Arsenal get Emery and West Ham look like they're getting Pellegrini.

and we get lumped with a Hull and Watford cast off.

Pathetic. Some ambition is that.

Whoever it is, I hope an appointment doesn’t drag on with the fans getting restless in the process.

Silva doesn’t excite me much to be honest , however if it’s him I’ll support him all the way. Personally I would love a shock appointment in a good way, like a Conte or something like that but it seems the club isn’t capable of it as it stands.

Basically I don’t want us fighting for the “best of the rest” in the years to come with a possibly regressive season within that costing another manager his job just to start all over again for another push for “best of the rest”.

Agreed. The club seems to not be able to attract tier 1 (Guardiola, Emery, Klopp etc) at the moment. Feels like we’re in a bit of a catch 22 with where we lack the star manager to attract top players and lack the top players to attract a star manager.

Chelsea arrived when the got Mourinho in 2004, who was then the best young manager in the world. We need something like that imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back