Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just cant get my head around your view on Mourinho though: he's from the David Moyes endorsed King Herod school of football thought. He'll never play younger players if he can help it and he'll always go for the expensive, finished article. He'd look at Everton and say "yeah, that £100M will be ok for a couple of players and their wages and entourage, then I want some more." He's a complete non-starter for us.

To be fair, when he won the CL with Porto he started with a 19 year old up front

Lol.

I bet your little heart was racing when you read that press release...then you read the final sentence and it turned to ashes.

"Roberto and the boys". FFS, they sound like bezzies.

Got to be honest Dave, I was expecting / fearing much worse, that it would truly be an open and ringing endorsement. There's nothing there; he gets less of a citation that Robert Elstone, which is quite worrying on many levels.

Got to be honest Dave, I was expecting / fearing much worse, that it would truly be an open and ringing endorsement. There's nothing there; he gets less of a citation that Robert Elstone, which is quite worrying on many levels.

He's there to provide cash and off field strategy. If he's spending his own cash he'll want an input into who's doing the spending. If it were me, I'd look at what Martinez has done with the cash already handed to him and not have any worries. I'd take it from there, tbh, and see where we went with it.
Which is more than likely what will happen next season.

He's there to provide cash and off field strategy. If he's spending his own cash he'll want an input into who's doing the spending. If it were me, I'd look at what Martinez has done with the cash already handed to him and not have any worries. I'd take it from there, tbh, and see where we went with it.
Which is more than likely what will happen next season.

Genuinely, fair play to you if you can look at that statement and see something in it for Martinez. 'Winning matches' and no mention of the manager until the final line was a real shot across the bows - made even worse that it was likely penned by the (Boys) pen of Bill.

Tomorrow is a big, big day.

I'm just glad you lot were not around in the early eighties to pick our manager, you certainly would not have picked Howard Kendall that's for sure.

I think you're being a bit disrespectful of Howe, a young manager in the game who has had success and is doing quite well this year even with the injuries to key players.

Now, before LVG went to United you would have been clamouring for him to be our manager.

I really think you all need a reality check and come back down from space to Earth.

Whenever someone brings up Kendall in 83 or Ferguson being games from the sack, they never go onto make anything close to a valid point. No one at all is being disrespectful of Howe, yes he might be doing his job at Bournemouth for Bournemouth well but that doesn't mean he it would be right for him to jump ship and come to Everton. I'm guessing Mike Walker was before your days, that looked like a great move, a manager who was doing well with one club, beating Bayern Munich in Germany, doing well in the league, came to Goodison and it was a disaster. Would it of been disrespectful to Mike to predict that? To say he should of stayed at Norwich?

People might of thought LVG might of been right for Everton, we don't know, he still might be, but hindsight is a wonderful thing, and it with that we can see Roberto needs to be gone as soon as the FA cup run is over, because the reality on earth based on what we have seen from him, both at Everton and Wigan, is that he is hopelessly out of his depth in the Premier League.

Genuinely, fair play to you if you can look at that statement and see something in it for Martinez. 'Winning matches' and no mention of the manager until the final line was a real shot across the bows - made even worse that it was likely penned by the (Boys) pen of Bill.

Tomorrow is a big, big day.
Ha Ha.

God loves a trier mate.

Ha Ha.

God loves a trier mate.

All he had to say was 'additional transfer funds for Roberto to spend' and that would have been it.

He could even have said great football 'introduced to us by Roberto'.

Small additions to the text... but nothing.

Actually feel sorry for him to be honest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back