Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Its not just RM who can try to put a positive spin on things....that was one of my worse days as a blue, hate defeat but to be cowardly and bottler as moyes did is inexcusable... .

To think people want him back, short short memories

I know Mate. I think when people say they would have him back is surely tongue in cheek

It's Wigan we're talking about...

He didn't relegate Spurs mate...
The team in question isn't really the point. The principle you put forward is that winning the FA cup is worth getting relegated from the prem.

It's not.

No prem club would willingly take that. I would hazard a guess that 99% of Wigan fans would have preferred losing that final and staying up in the prem as being the better outcome.

The team in question isn't really the point. The principle you put forward is that winning the FA cup is worth getting relegated from the prem.

It's not.

No prem club would willingly take that. I would hazard a guess that 99% of Wigan fans would have preferred losing that final and staying up in the prem as being the better outcome.

No, the point I was making (which I've stated many times) is that for a team that had been skating off relegation for four years with budgets being cut every season and having to consistently sell on their better players and had they stayed in the Prem would only be battling relegation again the season after, then I reckon they'd have taken the FA Cup win...

It's not like he took a side that was challenging for Europe one season and then got them relegated the year after...

‘I’ve always treated every Cup game like a game you have to win.'

DZWS8Nx.gif

Is it?

Did he not get Swansea promoted from League One and set them on their way to the Prem playing a slick and stylish brand have highly-lauded football?

Did he not keep Wigan up under significant budget restraints compared to the teams around them for three years playing an ambitious style that, while not always proving fruitful, eventually won them the FA Cup which they'll probably never win again in most of our lifetimes... yes they got relegated but the above alone more than balances that out.

Did he not, after 11 years under one manager that in the end had stagnated slightly, come in an bring the 'school of science' back to Everton introducing an exciting brand of football, buying and loaning exciting and quality players as well as making youth an integral part of our team while all the while getting a records point total for us in the PL era which this season could possibly be enough to win the title...

In his second season, despite being bogged down domestically, did he not - in his first season ever in Europe as a manager or player - get us further than any other British team and hammer the likes of Wolfsburg and Lille that caused English teams so much trouble both in the past and this season...

He has his faults, definitely, but he is far from 'kak'
He's not that good though either...

Pellegrini all day long for me!
Proven in the prem and has some clout to get some top players at our club

I like De Boer but dutch football isnt that strong so anything less than winning the league... bit like celtic and we don't want another Walter smith do we!!!!
If we were 4th behind Leicester, spurs , and arsenal with the money city and pellegrini I has spent everyone would want the manager out.

It's quite clear that media (I mean all medias) have turned their backs on Martinez.
I seriously think that if we lose tonight board will be adressing the manager situation after the season ends.

If we would win tonight the atmosphere would instantly change.

It's quite clear that media (I mean all medias) have turned their backs on Martinez.
I seriously think that if we lose tonight board will be adressing the manager situation after the season ends.

If we would win tonight the atmosphere would instantly change.

Many on here have said it would simply be papering over cracks meaning they will continue to boo at the first sign of trouble. Sad times with our fanbase...there is a large contingent that are rooting for us to lose...SMFH...the atmosphere tomorrow should be a bear pit. If it's anything less than that Martinez and the Blues don't stand a chance.

Many on here have said it would simply be papering over cracks meaning they will continue to boo at the first sign of trouble. Sad times with our fanbase...there is a large contingent that are rooting for us to lose...SMFH...the atmosphere tomorrow should be a bear pit. If it's anything less than that Martinez and the Blues don't stand a chance.

Great performance tonight and most of them will melt and things look better again. But crowd has huge power in this...if it turns against the manager it wont be pretty...losing tonight would probs mean fans will lose hope on Martinez another and more important thing is that will players still trust him. Players will seal his destiny.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back