Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

And hopefully in 2-3 years MP will go an leaves us free to pick up the special one...#welcomejose
PicsArt_01-07-01.25.46.webp

Dunno think the average life of one of their leaders is longer than the average tenure of a premiership manager mate

The possibility of being sacked via a hellfire missile launched from a drone might have been the sort of inspiration needed for certain managers to sort thier performance out !

De Boer would be a risk imho. We need a manager who knows PL or possibly a manager who has shown unquestionable brilliance like Emery. Personally I think it's a two horse race between Koeman and Pellegrini. Pellegrini is very unfashionable option for many but if you think of it rationally and look at his career he's one hellawa manager and would lift our stature instantly no matter what some might say.

I don't think Pellegrini is the man to get our defence working again to be honest

If the board give him the money for a World Class Striker and Goalkeeper, I think he'd be a good appointment

Without that, I still see us leaking a lot of goals

The possibility of being sacked via a hellfire missile launched from a drone might have been the sort of inspiration needed for certain managers to sort thier performance out !

Just imagined Martinez as the leader of the Tliban, they'd never blow anything up, just a group of them passing the bomb between each other endlessley till it went off before they even left their room

Happily take De Boer over Pellegrini. Untried in the premier league yes but i just don't fancy Pellegrini.

Couldn't be doing with another "gentleman" in charge, i want a bit of snide, and De Boers eyes being too close give him that mental look like he will knock you clean out if you don't get back and defend.
that seems like sound reasoning

People saying Pellegrini wouldn't sort our defence out? Really?

He is a competent manager, Martinez didn't work on the BASICS of defending. So if Pellegrini can tell the defence to do that, then he will massively improve it

In fact any competent manager would be able to organise the defence to a basic level that wouldn't leak goals. It's not a difficult thing for a qualified manager to do.

Frank de Boer is sort of growing on me although I'm still on the fence with the poll. The fact that he appears so keen to do the job has to be a plus point and he is still young enough and early enough in his career to have that real hunger and desire to make a name for himself.

Yes there is a risk but there is an equal risk that the ageing more experienced candidate who has already won it all somewhere else simply sees us as another pay day to tick a couple of years off before hanging up their tracky for good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back