Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
No mate. You surely wouldn't.
Yes I would.

Not having the former Liverpool manager here, lose lose situation. Hell the fella is dyed in their cult so much that he wouldn't stop praising them at every opportunity whilst we employed him.

And if it went tits up then the noise from them lot about him running us into the ground would kill off any slight rivalry we have with them.

Frank de Boer is sort of growing on me although I'm still on the fence with the poll. The fact that he appears so keen to do the job has to be a plus point and he is still young enough and early enough in his career to have that real hunger and desire to make a name for himself.

Yes there is a risk but there is an equal risk that the ageing more experienced candidate who has already won it all somewhere else simply sees us as another pay day to tick a couple of years off before hanging up their tracky for good.

Great post mate. De Boer is every bit as good as every other candidate we have seen and is a perfect fit for Everton now.

Yes I would.

Not having the former Liverpool manager here, lose lose situation. Hell the fella is dyed in their cult so much that he wouldn't stop praising them at every opportunity whilst we employed him.

And if it went tits up then the noise from them lot about him running us into the ground would kill off any slight rivalry we have with them.
Pulis or Alladyce though?

Ok I'll put it out there.

If we are left empty handed after all our aforementioned targets don't pan out, then surely Rafael Benitez gets a call?

I think he should get a call and an interview. I am really not convinced Benitez is any better than Favre though and he is a far inferior candidate than De Boer. I think we need to steer clear of relegated managers.

Haha. You're probably right. I'm currently limiting those options to the 3 or 4 names we keep getting linked with. Need to broaden my horizons now!
There is many managers not considered that could be fantastic or terrible risks.

As much as we wouldn't shortlist them right now, favre, the Chilean fella, Capello, Eddie howe, van gaal, coco to name a few are all managers better than Martinez.

So yeah, as much as we may be focused on a select few names and rightly so, there is other managers out there thst the club haven't even considered that may be worth a punt if we struggle with this list.

There is many managers not considered that could be fantastic or terrible risks.

As much as we wouldn't shortlist them right now, favre, the Chilean fella, Capello, Eddie howe, van gaal, coco to name a few are all managers better than Martinez.

So yeah, as much as we may be focused on a select few names and rightly so, there is other managers out there thst the club haven't even considered that may be worth a punt if we struggle with this list.

Absolute clown I heard.

Allardice good for mid table. Pulis good for a solid hardworking team.

So if all our targets fall through and all we have is benitez or those two, I'd be welcoming big Sam to goodison any day of the week.
Well there is always you know who....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back