Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is many managers not considered that could be fantastic or terrible risks.

As much as we wouldn't shortlist them right now, favre, the Chilean fella, Capello, Eddie howe, van gaal, coco to name a few are all managers better than Martinez.

So yeah, as much as we may be focused on a select few names and rightly so, there is other managers out there thst the club haven't even considered that may be worth a punt if we struggle with this list.

Agree with all of that

I just wanted to say that my internal reading voice switches to a grizzled version of the joker whenever I read your posts.

Only De boer and pellegrini left by the looks of it,I wouldn't mind de boer at all tbh let hope the club hurrys up abit before we miss out on him too,we'll be running out of candidates pretty soon by the looks of it.

There is many managers not considered that could be fantastic or terrible risks.

As much as we wouldn't shortlist them right now, favre, the Chilean fella, Capello, Eddie howe, van gaal, coco to name a few are all managers better than Martinez.

So yeah, as much as we may be focused on a select few names and rightly so, there is other managers out there thst the club haven't even considered that may be worth a punt if we struggle with this list.
Out of the group you mentioned Cocu would probably get my vote. Don't really know much about Favre. Eddie Howe may go on to better things but need to see more from him. Not sure about him just now.

Well there is always you know who....

I'd take them over him as well mate.

He had 11 years and done nothing. Give him another 11 years and he would do nothing again, said it earlier he holds himself back, no matter how much money you do or don't give him. Least with the other two I mentioned there is an unknown factor on them doing something.

Just an observation:

Given the comments yesterday from Southampton, if there were substance to them, then similar comments might have been forthcoming from the Koeman camp.

However total silence.
But would the club really put it on the official website if it wasn't close to happening?

But would the club really put it on the official website if it wasn't close to happening?

All they did was put up the video of the report that was written up in the local paper. There was nothing new nor definitive in what was said.

They're under huge pressure not to lose him so will do what they have to do to make it appear he is staying. If he leaves then they can point to what they've said and still appear the good guys.

I re-read the comments this morning and its sounded very fluffy to me.

"We are meeting to see if we are still on the same page, that our ambitions are aligned."

Didnt sound to me they both had similar ambitions.

But, who cares, he either needs to stop fluttering his eye lids at us and pull his keks down or we need to move on. De boer is already in bed waiting for us... Starting to feel a bit sly on him.

Out of the group you mentioned Cocu would probably get my vote. Don't really know much about Favre. Eddie Howe may go on to better things but need to see more from him. Not sure about him just now.

I'm not saying I want all or any of those names. Certainly a few would be unknown quantities if we hired them.

Personally I think the squad we have is fine as a starting point for any manager to come into. Get them doing the basics again and we would be 15 points better off alone, so adding a few players who are hopefully better than what we have and there is massive room for improvement.

So if our list all turned us down for whatever reason then there is still a lot to work with for a second list of choices I think. I doubt we would he turned down by any of our choices though, Boer Pellegrini and koeman will accept any offer we make I think, and emery swayed as well.

Emery is looking increasingly unlikely according to the Echo but never fear because Moyes has been interviewed. I think it's nearly time to bite the bullet and sound out Rafael. He'd be far less risky than De Boer and we may only get one shot with Moshiri's investment as in 2 or 3 years Moshiri may be much less enthusiastic to invest if we end up with another Martinez. Look what happened to Villa and Newcastle both with richer owners. Would you rather increase the risk of that fate just to avoid Rafael? I'm not ruling out Koeman yet by the way as I believe he could be swayed by a massive wage.

Unai Emery has ruled himself out of the running for the Everton job, according to Sevilla president Jose Castro.

The Spaniard, who has been linked with a move to Goodison Park, has won three successive Europa League trophies – his latest coming against Liverpool in Basel last week.

But according to Castro, Emery has told him he is ‘not on the market’ this summer.

“The coach has understood our idiosyncrasies perfectly,” he told Sevilla TV.“He is crazy about football, the hours he puts it, how he manages the squad. I say that now after being successful, but also at the start of the season.

“I can tell you he has said he is not on the market, and is not thinking about anything else.”

The Blues will continue to search for their new manager, with Ronald Koeman, Frank de Boer and David Moyes amongst the candidates.

Koeman has publicly said he wants to stay at Southampton, while former Ajax boss de Boer is keen on the move.

Moyes has been interviewed for the position as Fahrad Moshiri seeks the man to lead his new era on Merseyside.

I expect you drink instant coffee and eat pot noodles . No time for waiting

Those Apple or Microsoft blokes need to pull thier finger out and develop a new form of technology for the GOT platform to be hosted on - so that when anyone logs on the machine instantly starts playing some mystical tantric chants or whale music whilst at the same time spraying a calming mist of Lavender and camomile essential oils...................

and relax !

Emery is looking increasingly unlikely according to the Echo but never fear because Moyes has been interviewed. I think it's nearly time to bite the bullet and sound out Rafael. He'd be far less risky than De Boer and we may only get one shot with Moshiri's investment as in 2 or 3 years Moshiri may be much less enthusiastic to invest if we end up with another Martinez. Look what happened to Villa and Newcastle both with richer owners. Would you rather increase the risk of that fate just to avoid Rafael? I'm not ruling out Koeman yet by the way as I believe he could be swayed by a massive wage.

Unai Emery has ruled himself out of the running for the Everton job, according to Sevilla president Jose Castro.

The Spaniard, who has been linked with a move to Goodison Park, has won three successive Europa League trophies – his latest coming against Liverpool in Basel last week.

But according to Castro, Emery has told him he is ‘not on the market’ this summer.

“The coach has understood our idiosyncrasies perfectly,” he told Sevilla TV.“He is crazy about football, the hours he puts it, how he manages the squad. I say that now after being successful, but also at the start of the season.

“I can tell you he has said he is not on the market, and is not thinking about anything else.”

The Blues will continue to search for their new manager, with Ronald Koeman, Frank de Boer and David Moyes amongst the candidates.

Koeman has publicly said he wants to stay at Southampton, while former Ajax boss de Boer is keen on the move.

Moyes has been interviewed for the position as Fahrad Moshiri seeks the man to lead his new era on Merseyside.

Was literally about to post this.... Looks like Emery is out, if he was ever in.

Lets go Frankie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back