Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
There's some bad bedwetters on here.

What do you expect Southampton/Sevilla etc to say? They're not going to say 'yeah we've got no chance of keeping him, he'll be off ASAP' are they? Just because there is the odd report that a manager might stay where they are doesn't mean it's happening. Anyone remember this from The Telegraph in 2013?

Martinez has been heavily linked with the managerial vacancy at Everton, with David Moyes leaving Goodison Park for Manchester United at the end of this campaign to succeed the retiring Sir Alex Ferguson.

"Roberto will make his own mind up. Roberto consistently says 'I love Wigan, I will stay with Wigan'," Whelan said.
"When the time comes he will leave for a big club, I have no doubt about that. But I think he might just stay with Wigan."

What happens will happen, we have to trust Moshiri to make the right decision and to make the job an appealing one for any candidate. Fingers crossed he is the owner we all hope he is.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/andy-gray-backs-david-moyes-11382757

Andy Gray backs David Moyes to become next Everton manager
“I don’t see why not. He’s young enough, he’s ambitious enough."
JS76282550.jpg

David Moyes at Real Sociedad (Photo by Gonzalo Arroyo Moreno/Getty Images)
Andy Gray has backed David Moyes for a second spell as Everton boss, hailing his fellow Scot as ‘ambitious enough’ to succeed at Goodison Park.

And the former Blues striker has also revealed Moyes would ‘love’ the chance to take over at the Toffees once again.

The 53-year-old, who spent 11 years on Merseyside before leaving for Manchester United in 2013, has been interviewed for the job as the club continue its process of finding a successor for Roberto Martinez.

Frank de Boer and Ronald Koeman, amongst others, also remain under consideration, while Manuel Pellegrini is the current bookmakers’ favourite for the role.

Gray, now a television pundit in the Middle East, believes Pellegrini would be a good appointment - but regards Moyes as a safe pair of hands to begin Farhad Moshiri’s new era.

“David had a fantastic ten years at Everton – could he repeat that again?“ Gray told Talksport.

“I don’t see why not. He’s young enough, he’s ambitious enough.

“I know David would love to get another shot at it and with what he’s learned during his short spells at Man United and in Spain, he may be a better coach now.

“I wouldn’t be totally against that, but it would depend on what’s available.

“I think Pellegrini would fit Everton. He plays great football, he’s open, he’s ambitious and he likes to score goals.

“But David would be a very save pair of hands on the tiller, that’s an absolute certainty.”

Moyes has recently been linked with the Aston Villa job but has reportedly turned down the opportunity to lead the Midlands club’s charge back to the Premier League.
Gray can jog on, the utter piss stain

I don't see the difference between Moyes and Koeman although do not get me wrong, I want neither

De Boer is unproven whilst the young Pelligrini is Ok but the one of the last season no thanks

At this rate I would prefer AVB

Common sense

Fan opinion and acceptance

The ambition of the club under the new owner

The calibre of the managers we've been pursuing in comparison

...and last but certainly not least The Esk

It aint happening mate.
Let me ask you this.
All our targets fall through for whatever reason.
Who is left? Rafael? Other British dross? Or Moyes?

I´m getting nauseous thinking about Moyes being back. It´s like waiting for the Grinch on christmas eve. I´m serious, if Moyes gets the job I think I might just take a break from Everton. Just eff off you ginger [Poor language removed].

There's some severe overrating and underrating of managers occurring. Pellegrini and even Moyes are far better managers than some are making out. Koeman and De Boer do not have the CVs for the amount of credit they're being afforded.

There's some severe overrating and underrating of managers occurring. Pellegrini and even Moyes are far better managers than some are making out. Koeman and De Boer do not have the CVs for the amount of credit they're being afforded.

i would argue that koemans cv is better than moyes...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back