Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
How long before this actually ends up worse than waiting for Martinez to be sacked?, one thing that hasn't changed under Moshiri is the apparent fact that we love to take a long time to make decisions

tin-man-toot-toot.gif

Ben thinking a left field choice all along

You and me both matey ;)

I'd quite like Joachim Loew to be seriously considered - I know people will suggest his previous record at domestic level isn't fabulous, but he's a winner and if he guides Germany to the Euros and then joined Everton, that would be a statement of intent to shake things up a bit. Loew with Unsworth as his number two would be very interesting.

I'm sure interest in Simeone after Saturday would rattle a few cages too... and there may well be others.

Unlike Moyes, Hughes, Howe, Giggs, Steve Bruce etc etc.

Funny as well the other day Moyes saying Stubb's can ring him for advice anytime. Ridiculous, Stubb's has won a trophy Dour Davey hasn't

Moyes isn't coming back. Andy Gray is backing his mate, no surprise there. He also claimed he was right to leave us for United and that he'd be a major success there. I'm pretty certain he also suggested Moyes for the Spurs gig every time they sacked a manager.
Reading the article rather than the headline, he isn't even backing him. He says he'd rather give it to Pellegrini, but Moyes would do a decent job if they gave it to him. I'd agree with that to be honest. Absolutely 100% against him coming back because i want so much better, but there can be little argument that he would do a steady job.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/andy-gray-backs-david-moyes-11382757

Andy Gray backs David Moyes to become next Everton manager
“I don’t see why not. He’s young enough, he’s ambitious enough."
JS76282550.jpg

David Moyes at Real Sociedad (Photo by Gonzalo Arroyo Moreno/Getty Images)
Andy Gray has backed David Moyes for a second spell as Everton boss, hailing his fellow Scot as ‘ambitious enough’ to succeed at Goodison Park.

And the former Blues striker has also revealed Moyes would ‘love’ the chance to take over at the Toffees once again.

The 53-year-old, who spent 11 years on Merseyside before leaving for Manchester United in 2013, has been interviewed for the job as the club continue its process of finding a successor for Roberto Martinez.

Frank de Boer and Ronald Koeman, amongst others, also remain under consideration, while Manuel Pellegrini is the current bookmakers’ favourite for the role.

Gray, now a television pundit in the Middle East, believes Pellegrini would be a good appointment - but regards Moyes as a safe pair of hands to begin Farhad Moshiri’s new era.

“David had a fantastic ten years at Everton – could he repeat that again?“ Gray told Talksport.

“I don’t see why not. He’s young enough, he’s ambitious enough.

“I know David would love to get another shot at it and with what he’s learned during his short spells at Man United and in Spain, he may be a better coach now.

“I wouldn’t be totally against that, but it would depend on what’s available.

“I think Pellegrini would fit Everton. He plays great football, he’s open, he’s ambitious and he likes to score goals.

“But David would be a very save pair of hands on the tiller, that’s an absolute certainty.”

Moyes has recently been linked with the Aston Villa job but has reportedly turned down the opportunity to lead the Midlands club’s charge back to the Premier League.

Kenwright wheeling out his lackies to prepare us for the homecoming

Let me ask you this.
All our targets fall through for whatever reason.
Who is left? Rafael? Other British dross? Or Moyes?

We started with Jose, that ship sailed we've moved on to Koeman, we're offering a top wage and a large budget, thus it's an enticing project that many will fancy taking on.

We're not desperate here, in fact quite the reverse, we're being selective. Moshiri isn't going to be running round his office with his head on fire scrambling for fat Rafael's mobile ffs. Stop sweating it, my opinion is that the Koeman pantomime that's currently going on will end with him holding a Blue and White scraf over his head, but we'll see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back