Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The flip side that I hang any hope on is that he had done the impossible by winning Europa again and if Sevilla aren't saying here is x million and we aren't selling your team, then the job will only get more difficult from this point on.

At least if he leaves this summer he leaves with a massive reputation in Spain.
Indeed it's not Emery who's categorically ruled himself out so there's still a little hope but little is the operative word it seems.

I´m getting nauseous thinking about Moyes being back. It´s like waiting for the Grinch on christmas eve. I´m serious, if Moyes gets the job I think I might just take a break from Everton. Just eff off you ginger [Poor language removed].

Difference is, if he'd have got it under Kenwright then yes it really would be 'eurgh ten more years of old boys club'. Under Moshiru there'll be targets in place. Moyes won't be able to bounce back in smug and complacent. He'll know if he doesn't deliver a return to Europe and sustained cup runs he'll be out. If there's no better alternative I wouldn't be against 2 seasons of Moyes turning us around back to European contenders, let him hit the curling again (if that still exists given he'd have cash now) then see who would now be available to take us up another level.

Moyes has won eff all in 16 years mate.

Why is he a good manager? Because he stabilised a bottom half team ten years ago???

How many big matches did he won in eleven years with us?
How many derbies?

I despair.
Hes only gotten worse since he left us as well

I'm hoping that if Koeman was the preferred candidate and the Koeman-staying-at-Southampton suggestion is correct, that Mr.Moshiri and whoever he has entrusted to put forward a list of candidates are not panicking and taking as long as is necessary to recruit as high a calibre manager as they can.

We just don't know who they're considering and they may yet surprise us... pleasantly.

As for the Rafael suggestion @kithnou - not for me matey.

Moyes isn't coming back. Andy Gray is backing his mate, no surprise there. He also claimed he was right to leave us for United and that he'd be a major success there. I'm pretty certain he also suggested Moyes for the Spurs gig every time they sacked a manager.

I'm hoping that if Koeman was the preferred candidate and the Koeman-staying-at-Southampton suggestion is correct, that Mr.Moshiri and whoever he has entrusted to put forward a list of candidates are not panicking and taking as long as is necessary to recruit as high a calibre manager as they can.

We just don't know who they're considering and they may yet surprise us... pleasantly.

As for the Rafael suggestion @kithnou - not for me matey.
Ben thinking a left field choice all along

Remember the kopites singing 10 more years after gerard completed his hattrick. Like fuq can we go back to that

i would argue that koemans cv is better than moyes...

Yes it is undoubtedly, but Moyes is getting treated like he should have jumped at the Villa job, an utter spiralling basket case in the championship. He's far better than that or even pretenders like Pulis Hughes Howe etc.

Koeman has a good cv on the continent in patches yet is viewed by some as far superior to Pellegrini a manager with success in England and deemed good enough for Madrid and City.

For me I would consider the ranking to be:

Pellegrini
Koeman
Moyes/De Boer

But it is all massively subjective and down to individual taste.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back